Pictures of Eggs

Barko

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 13, 2012
Ok, I have been looking all over the internet looking to match up pictures of eggs with chickens. You can read several pages that tell you color but pictures are better than a thousand words. If you could post pictures of eggs and chicken that laid them. With breed name. If it is full blooded, hatchery bird or breeder bird. I am new to this and this would really help. Thanks

Just love eggs---

Not sure if these pictures will help, but I will put some in here...since I have some in my byc picture library.. On the left is my wonderful golden sexlink. Her eggs were the darkest brown, daily and jumbo or extra large. In the middle is one of my BPRs she is pretty consistent and on the right is the other BPR---hers are lighter.

Loads of eggs from my golden sexlink----- IF you want a lot of great eggs, a low cost keeper and friendly bird, you cannot do better than a golden sexlink or golden comet IMO.
Here is a one-time-only one-of-a-kind egg from my BPR that lays the lighter brown. It had brown and blue dots......

All of the above are/were hatchery birds, I believe, I got them from CraigsList.

My colors Left Easter Egger, Top Ideal 236 (Leghorn hybrid) and right and bottom the two BPRs all hatchery birds....... The Easter Egger and the Leghorn Hybrid are good egg layers---- and I got them from Blue Star Ranch....who buys from hatchery and grows them out for folks who either don't want to buy big hatchery orders, are impatient or don't have facilities for chicks.

And my latest one to start laying as of June 15th

First egg from my Cream Legbar........... a bird that I got from HighView Ranch in the Texas Hill country who got it from Greenfire Farms--- rare and unique, this breed will become more readily available in the USA as time goes on.

Hope you get a LOT of egg pictures in response to your question.

Thx, I hope so. I think a good data base of what eggs really do look like will help a lot of newbies like myself.

This is a pretty good selection from our chickens. The large green ones are from an Easter Egger we bought at our local farm store. The smaller green eggs are also from an Easter Egger from the same group of chicks as the first. The light brown and tan eggs are from our bantam cochins.
20200326_121754.jpg
20200326_121814.jpg

I was just playing with taking some pictures of our chickens' eggs! Here we go...

The first "nest" of eggs is from Poppy, our Black Australorp. She has a signature "raised freckle" on every one of her eggs:
Poppy's Eggs.jpg

The second "nest" of eggs is from Sunshine, our California White. She must have had a brown layer in her lineage, because although her eggs should be white, they are cream:

Sunshine's Eggs.jpg

The next "nest" of eggs is from Red, our Rhode Island Red:

Red's Eggs.jpg

The last "nest" of eggs is from Pumpernickel, our Silver Laced Wyandotte:

Pumpernickel's Eggs.jpg

We also have an Ameracauna, and a Red Sexlink. Maybe I'll get around to snapping pictures of their eggs one day soon and add them here! I love looking at everyone's egg pictures. Fun!! :)

Ok, I'm back. :) I was able to snap a couple more pictures today! Here are the super smooth blue eggs (which turn more green when they are wet and/or cold) from Twinkie, our Ameracauna:
Twinkie's Eggs.jpg

And here are the beautiful speckled brown eggs Geranium, our Red Sexlink, lays:

Geranium's Eggs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom