Pictures Of Your Little Ducklings!!

My muscovy ducklet Primrose (AKA: little duck) and what we now believe is a drake let due to huge size difference in the last week, Snow (AKA: President). My daughter was hoping for two females and Snow was originally Snow White lol.

So I have 2 major questions.
1-I have eggs in the incubator from different days and weeks. Would it be safe to keep the egg turner on? I mean I can't really turn it off, because of the other eggs needing to be turned.
And 2- I go to school and no one is home when I'm at school. So if I do keep the egg turner on for the other eggs, how will I keep the ones hatching from not getting hurt?
Ps I don't have a. Hatched area like some people :p

This is my incubator.

Last edited:
So I have 2 major questions.
1-I have eggs in the incubator from different days and weeks. Would it be safe to keep the egg turner on? I mean I can't really turn it off, because of the other eggs needing to be turned.
And 2- I go to school and no one is home when I'm at school. So if I do keep the egg turner on for the other eggs, how will I keep the ones hatching from not getting hurt?
Ps I don't have a. Hatched area like some people :p

This is my incubator.
@WVduckchick
@FoodFreedomNow

@WVduckchick
@FoodFreedomNow

@CeleAndShade , I'd be concerned about the safety of the hatching ducklings if the turner is on when they hatch...I would turn it off if they're at lockdown. The autoturner needs to be off at lockdown so the ducklings can get into proper position for hatching. With the eggs that are not far enough along to be at lockdown, I would hand turn them several times a day. Once the eggs that are furthest along hatch and the ducklings are out of the incubator, you should be able to turn the autoturner back on again until lockdown for the next ones in line to hatch (and repeat as needed).

Because of the specific needs of eggs during the different stages of development, I only do staggered hatches using two incubators - one serves as the hatcher. There are a number of threads that discuss staggered hatches, including with a single incubator, like this one: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1089406/staggered-hatches-in-one-incubator. Here's the link to the search: https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=staggered+hatch.

Best of luck with your hatch.

Back
Top Bottom