Pictures of your peacocks pens?

Quote:
Is that cattle panels for the arch?

No, it's not cattle panels. It is 8 gauge welded wire and it's partially 2x2 and partially 1 x2. I bought a big roll of it at a livestock auction. The roll was 6 feet wide by about 200" long, so I cut 24' sections and hooped them. I used stainless steel hog rings to attatch them together. I'm pretty sure the pen would contain a Bengal tiger, lol.

I
We only have 9 very spoiled birds  -  3 males, 6 females. I collect their eggs daily and give them away. (Huge mental block against eating pea eggs, for some unknown reason. I'll put them in brownies and cakes but not in the frying pan.) Our oldest male is around 20. Big Bird appeared as a stray years ago, and he's the magnificent creature who initiated this love affair with peafowl. The first barn and aviary was built for him, and the rest is just part of the madness of loving peas.

SuperPeacockMan, I love the locust posts and envy your water spigot.

If anyone has an old satellite dish sitting around, here's a great flight pen idea from Carol Cook in AL. Because we have trees shading the pea barns, falling limbs will ruin the net tops. We have to use the welded wire on the top pf the pens.
FlightCageSatDish.jpg
are the eggs you give away fertile? Could I pay you the mail me some to incubate this spring?

I have a friend who owns two peacocks and he just lets them run around his house area and they are healthy and fine. They also just eat anything that they find around the house.

I have a friend who owns two peacocks and he just lets them run around his house area and they are healthy and fine. They also just eat anything that they find around the house.

That is great and I hope they continue to do well for your friend. However, if a fox, raccoon or large owl discover them, your friend will no longer have Peacocks. We have all lost Peas to these predators and without protection it will happen sooner or later.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom