Pigeon Fanciers

I have a pair of pure black indian fantail pigeons, and the funny thing is, last year when they had their first hatch, one of their babies grew up to be pure white!! go figure....

Yep, in pigeons recessive white is very common in many breeds. That means both of the parents carry the gene for recessive white. White with brown(bull) eyes is the absence of color in pigeons . So even though the baby is white he actually is another color (probably black) genetically.

I have raised pigeons most my life ,I showed them when I was a kid but they are just a hobby now.All I have now are chinese owls but I am thinking about getting some Thi Laughers if I can find a pair.

No one out there would have some egyptian swifts by any chance????

I saw those at a Show once and I WANT some!!!! Difficult to get some info on them though, I would love to hear someones experience with the egyptians.

I'm not a fancier per se'...but I hand raised/fed a 3 day old pigeon right from the streets of Brooklyn. He'll be 3 in September. Personally, I think pigeons, their intelligence and affection, are seriously underrated. But that's just me.
cool.png

Quote:
Thank you! I totally agree. Pigeons are severely underrated in most places, especially NYC. So it's nice to hear something positive from someone that lives in NY!
smile.png

Mary Of Exeter, I want Nun to
hit.gif
but then I told my bf that I wont get anymore pigeon if he lets me keep muscovy.

Quote:
Aww..You're welcome.

I've always been a sucker for an animal.

He came to me by way of a small child crying "I heard if anyone could help, you could." And..well.. He'll be three in September.

I'm actually (happily) moved up to NH now (May will be a year.) But all of my "kids and fids" (other than the ducklings, macaws and 3 of the 6 'tiels) are NYC / Brooklyn natives. Moving with all of them was....fun..., to say the least. lol

Quote:
Aw
sad.png
Pigeons are a lot like potato chips, its hard to have just one! I guess most birds are like that. There's so many different kinds I want...I just don't have the room! (or money
ep.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom