Pigeon Talk

All these losses sure are heartbreaking. Hugs to everyone.

Duff laid her second egg in the nest box, after I moved it back to the ground, and I replaced her first egg with a wooden one, since it was cold the night she laid the first egg. I swapped the wooden one back out with her original egg yesterday and she sat on both last night, and seems happy now. So I will either leave her on the ground and hope for the best, or move her and the entire nest box once she has a few days commitment.

Brick and Brewer spent the night outside. I’ll check them this evening and see if their crops are full. I will likely still bring them inside tonight since we will dip below freezing again. After that, they should be good to stay outside, I hope.

I know they all look pretty much the same, but I brought #92 Chance, Bonnie and Clyde’s baby inside for her legband adornment.
She’s already at 135 grams at 10 days old.
F1A62AE9-C690-4C11-B319-F1B5AC202261.jpeg
01A31216-398A-4879-96BF-8CB0235C244F.jpeg

And Brick and Brewer, now 23 days old
96E6EC6C-7789-40E5-8DE5-BFDF94914E57.jpeg

And Duff on her nest
DA71DA20-9E31-4F7A-B953-BBFB0285035E.jpeg

I need to get new pics of Java/Shadows baby. It’s a tiny thing!

All these losses sure are heartbreaking. Hugs to everyone.

Duff laid her second egg in the nest box, after I moved it back to the ground, and I replaced her first egg with a wooden one, since it was cold the night she laid the first egg. I swapped the wooden one back out with her original egg yesterday and she sat on both last night, and seems happy now. So I will either leave her on the ground and hope for the best, or move her and the entire nest box once she has a few days commitment.

Brick and Brewer spent the night outside. I’ll check them this evening and see if their crops are full. I will likely still bring them inside tonight since we will dip below freezing again. After that, they should be good to stay outside, I hope.
Seems I remember saying something about you having squeakers comin out your ears before long... :lau:gig
Im so happy they're doin so good for you! :celebrate:love
I know they all look pretty much the same, but I brought #92 Chance, Bonnie and Clyde’s baby inside for her legband adornment.
She’s already at 135 grams at 10 days old.
View attachment 1713689 View attachment 1713690

And Brick and Brewer, now 23 days old
View attachment 1713691

And Duff on her nest
View attachment 1713692

I need to get new pics of Java/Shadows baby. It’s a tiny thing!
Adorable! :love
Do you remember the loony tunes baby buzzard? Brewer and Brick make me think of him in that pic! :lau
He was a fave of mine :D

Last edited:
Seems I remember saying something about you having squeakers comin out your ears before long... :lau:gig
Im so happy they're doin so good for you! :celebrate:love

Adorable! :love
Do you remember the loony tunes baby buzzard? Brewer and Brick make me think of him in that pic! :lau
He was a fave of mine :D

:gig

Back
Top Bottom