Pipd's Peeps!

Actually, you know what, I don't think I've mentioned their breed pretty much since I set their eggs. :eek: They are from my Fawn Silver Duckwing Old English Game bantam pair. The one with the purple leg band is Khaki, which is basically the Fawn version of Splash (Fawn behaves the same way as Blue; Fawn x Fawn creates roughly 50% Fawn, 25% black and 25% Khaki offspring), and the other four are Fawn like their parents. :)

Oh, definitely. :D Right before they hatched, I just got this feeling about astronomically related names... So I started making a list of possible names from that idea. Mostly, it's just names of some of the brightest stars as viewed from Earth. :) I'm waiting (veeery patiently) to find out who's male and who's female before I apply any names, though. I don't want these babies growing any faster than they already are! :p

So sorry for keeping all the cuteness to myself! Been an iffy couple of days over here. My sweet kitty, Keiko, wasn't feeling well so she had a vet appointment today. Come to find out, she's pre-diabetic, so she needs insulin shots twice a day now. :hmm Her prognosis looks good, though. She could even respond well enough to treatment that it may reverse the condition! :fl Anyway, here she is looking quite displeased at the vet's after having blood drawn, and also being stinkin' adorable. :love I really adore this cat. :p

Keiko at the vet 4-2-19.jpg Keiko at the vet nose boop 4-2-19.jpg

Tomorrow, the babies are a week old already--and ready to graduate out of the baby bin to a real brooder with pine shavings! So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow! For now, here they are getting ready for bed tonight. Boy, do they poop a lot! :eek:

babies.jpg

So sorry for keeping all the cuteness to myself! Been an iffy couple of days over here. My sweet kitty, Keiko, wasn't feeling well so she had a vet appointment today. Come to find out, she's pre-diabetic, so she needs insulin shots twice a day now. :hmm Her prognosis looks good, though. She could even respond well enough to treatment that it may reverse the condition! :fl Anyway, here she is looking quite displeased at the vet's after having blood drawn, and also being stinkin' adorable. :love I really adore this cat. :p

View attachment 1724303 View attachment 1724304

Tomorrow, the babies are a week old already--and ready to graduate out of the baby bin to a real brooder with pine shavings! So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow! For now, here they are getting ready for bed tonight. Boy, do they poop a lot! :eek:

View attachment 1724311
I hope the kitty does well with treatment.

She does look like a sweet one

true they poo a lot but, looks like nice clean butts

Haha, yeah, that's definitely good! :)

I hope the kitty does well with treatment.

She does look like a sweet one

Thanks! I really do adore her, even if she doesn't have feathers. :p

Keiko sleeping on the couch.jpg

Speaking of feathers, the babies have moved to their new brooder as of this morning! :D Here are a few pictures of the move. They were super unhappy at first and I spent a good hour or two up there before they calmed down. :th Here's a shot of the new digs, including those super scary things called pine shavings:

new brooder.jpg

Poor babies were so scared, they just huddled behind their EcoGlow:

askeerd babies.jpg

At some point, Babies B and P came out to the shavings to check things out.

first time on shavings.jpg

The other three joined them, though Baby G had a few complaints. :p

displeased baby g.jpg

"No one's listening to me!!" :eek:

baby G yelling.jpg

Soon, everyone was okay, and taste testing their new home. :rolleyes:

is this food.jpg

Then, they realized they have a ton more room. That's when they started testing out those new wings!

energy 1.jpg
energy 2.jpg

They're already a week old as of today, can y'all believe it?! I'll have to get some individual shots of them as well today. For now, now that they're settled down in their new brooder, I gave them some dry soil to poke at and work on building up those immunities so they're ready to go outside! :D It's such a nice day, I've been tempted to spend it outside all day, myself!

Back
Top Bottom