Pipd's Peeps!

Yes, my best advice to you on those classes is to learn from my experience, and DON'T take them both at the same time!
lol.png

These are eggs from my silkied Red Cochin bantam pair, Donna and Roscoe. After sweet little Cordelia passed on, we decided that we'd probably better hatch some as soon as possible, because if anything happened to Donna or Roscoe, that would be it--no easy way of getting more beyond getting smooth feathered Cochin bantams to cross and cross back to (it would take two generations to see silkied feathers again). These guys were a once in a lifetime opportunity to get, so I wasn't going to let that happen!
Unfortunately, looking at the way my future schedule is shaping up, I might get stuck taking them together
hmm.png
However I'm considering taking physics at my local county college over the summer or something so I don't have to go through taking chem and physics together. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess.
Ah, you're silkie Cohins are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the babies when they hatch! Will they have silkie or smooth feathers? I forgot about Cordelia passing, so sorry
sad.png

Yay!EEEEK!Im so happy!I know you are hatching these eggs in case something happens to Donna or Roscoe, but are you also getting chicks from a hatchery this spring:early summer?

Yup, haha, I'm going to have lots of chicks this year! I have Red and Colored Dorkings, and Wheaten and Black Copper Marans chicks coming from Sand Hill Preservation in the spring. :)

P.S. Congrats on your new badge! :D

Unfortunately, looking at the way my future schedule is shaping up, I might get stuck taking them together :/  However I'm considering taking physics at my local county college over the summer or something so I don't have to go through taking chem and physics together. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. 
Ah, you're silkie Cohins are gorgeous. Can't wait to see the babies when they hatch! Will they have silkie or smooth feathers? I forgot about Cordelia passing, so sorry :(  

Aw, that stinks! That's how it happened with me, too. I ended up with no choice but to take them together. I'm taking Physics 2 in the summer rather than take it this upcoming semester along with Organic Chem 2, because I just didn't want to go through that again. Best of luck no matter how you end up taking them! Organic Chem 1 wasn't as bad as I was bracing for it to be, but it's a LOT of memorization toward the end of the semester and that's the part I really struggled with.

They'll all be silkied in this hatch. The gene is recessive, so since both parents are silkied (and therefore carrying two copies each of the gene), they will pass it on to all offspring. :)

Yup, haha, I'm going to have lots of chicks this year! I have Red and Colored Dorkings, and Wheaten and Black Copper Marans chicks coming from Sand Hill Preservation in the spring. :)

P.S. Congrats on your new badge! :D
Aw, that stinks! That's how it happened with me, too. I ended up with no choice but to take them together. I'm taking Physics 2 in the summer rather than take it this upcoming semester along with Organic Chem 2, because I just didn't want to go through that again. Best of luck no matter how you end up taking them! Organic Chem 1 wasn't as bad as I was bracing for it to be, but it's a LOT of memorization toward the end of the semester and that's the part I really struggled with.

They'll all be silkied in this hatch. The gene is recessive, so since both parents are silkied (and therefore carrying two copies each of the gene), they will pass it on to all offspring. :)

Cool cool coolo!I might be getting some chicks to!Im not sure if I will get them from My Pet Chicken, Blue Seal or Paris Farmers Union.Proboly Paris though.
Thanks!

:weee :jumpy FIRST PIP!! :jumpy :weee​

I heard very faint peeping in the incubator when I woke up, and sure enough, there it is!! Egg A has a pip!! It's kind of hard to see, but I circled it in the second picture!

Everyone together now: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! :weee :celebrate :ya :jumpy

There are 5 eggs; Eggs A, 1, and α (alpha), which were the first I came up with. I ran out of 'first' symbols (I was going for a theme and failed, haha!), so the fourth one was marked 'L' for 'Lucky' because the egg was laid on the 13th of December. The fifth egg is Ω (Omega) because Donna laid one last egg the day after I set the other four, so it's a day behind and in last place. :)

Egg A's pip has gotten just a little bigger, but no further progress on it or Egg L yet. ARGH, I'm dying over here!! I threw in some wet sponge pieces to up the humidity now that two are pipped. Sitting on my hands otherwise and keeping my fingers crossed! :fl Actually, now that I think about it, that doesn't sound very comfortable at all... :p

EDIT: OHMYGOODNESS, Egg A is zipping!! And Egg α has pipped now!! EEK, I'm gonna explode!! :jumpy

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhh Pipd I'm SOOOOOOOO existed!Can't wait for this chicks to hatch!
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
1f60d.png
1f389.png
1f386.png
O.O(sorry all the imogis, I'm on a different computer and I can use more
1f606.png
)

Egg A hatched about an hour ago! EEEEK, he's too cute!! :love :love I would have posted then, but I had to run out and close the coops for the night right after he hatched! He tumbled around a bit in his section of the incubator, and then laid down to rest a bit. Poor darling had a tough day. :love

Back
Top Bottom