Pipd's Peeps!

Pictures of the babies today, as promised! These guys just keep getting cuter and cuter! :love First, individual pictures:

My little beauty, Abra:

The lovely Rowena:

Lucky being Lucky:

Ramsay, who didn't pose pretty like his siblings did... :rolleyes:

And finally, little Rigby:

The rambunctious set of munchkins are immediately flying out of their brooder once the cover is listed. Here's Rowena flying out:

Ramsay, proving he can be cute. He's just a stinker for posing side-profile like the others. :rolleyes:

Abra :love :love Ain't she sweet?

Rowena being round. :lol: They love perching on top of the waterer. :rolleyes:

Abra declared herself queen of the tub brooder. She's presiding over her subjects from atop the faucet. :p

Ramsay. He reminds me so much of his dad already. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :lol:

Rigby on my hand. He still loves to perch on my arms. :love

My precious little Abie :love :love

That face!! :love :love :love

And, well, I tend to end on this note with many of the picture posts I put up, but here are some cute little pantalooned chickie behinds. :lol:

awww their such cuties and little climbers too. Everytime I see their pics it make me want to go get some chicks. I love the names you picked out.

Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us. It's the next best thing of having chicks. Have a great day.

The babies are 7 weeks old as of today, and I finally took them outside for the first time! Of course, they normally would have been outside much sooner, but between the crazy back-and-forth weather, the on and off wetness and rain, and all the problems battling mites, it just had to be put off. The babies started off very afraid, but soon warmed up to the 'big room' outside--except for any time that this tarp hanging nearby would shift in the wind, they all made a run for it to hide in my lap. :rolleyes:

To start off, individual pictures. They spent most of their time all bunched together, so splitting them up for pictures was a challenge!

Miss Abra:

Lovely Rowena:

Junior rascal Lucky:

Ramsay, the difficult one:

And little Rigby:

When I first brought them out, I set the box down and pulled the lid, and nothing happened. Finally, Abra hopped up to the edge and took her first real look at the great outdoors. Of course it would be Abra. :rolleyes:

Abra then hopped back into the box and no one seemed inclined to explore, so I tilted the box and dumped them all out! :lol: They stuck together pretty closely, and spent a lot of their time taking in their surroundings with necks stretched out. Here are the three R's; Rigby, Ramsay, and Rowena:

This picture's just adorable! :love Rigby, Abra, and Ramsay standing tall:

It didn't take long before this was all I was seeing, peep-peeps with their heads to the ground, pecking and scratching away! :love

I did finally start getting some really cute pictures after a bit of patience, though! Here's Rowena being as cute as can be, with Ramsay and Lucky in the background:

Abra really stole the show by posing so pretty. :love :love

Lucky, strapping young man he is, posed pretty nicely, too:

Abra spent much of her time trying to come through the little gate to where I was sitting...

When I finally gave up and let her come out to my lap, she was pretty intense about having pictures taken while she was there. :lol:

Here are a couple outtakes from this photo shoot. From right after the picture with the three R's. SMOOCH!

And I had been offering Ramsay some dandelion greens, when Abra popped up out of nowhere to snatch them up! :lol:

Since I brought it up at the beginning of the post, here, it looks like I will have to do a third round of dusting this weekend to get rid of the mites for sure. I was checking Ben over when I found a live one on him still. I think I may have missed his tail, which was where it was. I didn't see any other live ones, but one is enough to warrant another dusting. If this doesn't work, sigh... I might just have to save up and buy the stronger, but MUCH more expensive stuff. :/

Last edited:
Little Abra!Her eyes in that last one, Snake eyes!

Belive it or not, I took my babies out when they were really young, no feathers and less then a week old, altough. It was like 95-97 degrees out during those days.

Heehee, yeah, she blinked! I keep giggling every time I look at that picture of her in my lap, though. :lol: What a look!

I typically wait until 3 weeks or so before taking my babies outside, only because I've had problems in the past with coccidiosis, so I have a very careful method of introducing my babies to soil from the yard to allow them to build up a natural immunity to it in those first few weeks of life before taking them out. That, of course, requires that we have a dry enough spell that I can get some dry soil in to expose the babies, something that hasn't been possible until within the past week or two! We've had crazy roller-coaster temps and rain / snow off and on for so long that it just wasn't possible to get them out any sooner! I'm hoping I can make it a (near) daily thing now, but of course I have classes some days, and I have to deal with the mites before I'm going to let those babies get anywhere near the big girl coop! :tongue

EDIT: And we're back to rollercoaster. :/ Temps suppoed to be in the 30's this weekend and some snow expected. I guess the babies are staying in a little longer.

And the two nearest feed stores are out of permethrin powder, so I only have enough to do half the flock. :he The planets have aligned against all my plans!

Last edited:
Beautiful pics of the babies. They are growing up. I love all of them.

This crazy weather I do feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. Yesterday we got up to 80 and today it's in the 30s. We went from aircondtioning yesterday to heat today.

They say 3 times is charm so I hope you get all the mites this time. I can't stand those things.

Have a great day and enjoy your weekend. Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us.

Back
Top Bottom