Pipd's Peeps!

Nice! They will adjust but they do look miffed at you

Haha, that's for sure! Well, despite their misgivings, they did survive their first night in the big-kid coop. :) Now it's supposed to rain (again) today, so we'll see if they're smart enough to shelter in the doghouse I gave them or if I'll find three soaking wet cockerels huddled out there tonight. :rolleyes:

Its cute!!

Thanks, I agree! :love

Haha, that's for sure! Well, despite their misgivings, they did survive their first night in the big-kid coop. :) Now it's supposed to rain (again) today, so we'll see if they're smart enough to shelter in the doghouse I gave them or if I'll find three soaking wet cockerels huddled out there tonight. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I agree! :love
Sometimes my hens hang out in the rain! Of course you get the best worms that way too

Sometimes my hens hang out in the rain! Of course you get the best worms that way too

Mine just stand around and look miserable. :p Silly girls!

You have some beautiful birds

Thanks, DD. :)

Picture day for the Easter-eggers! They're about 5 weeks old! It's been crazy with these birds lately and the horrid weather. I want to get them outside to play more during the day, but it's hard to do when there's a torrential downpour happening half the time that floods their outside pen! :barnie I'm so sick of this weather!!

Anyway, so their pictures were taken inside today because it was storming and raining, so I wasn't sure if I could take them out. Of course, as soon as I finished taking pictures, the weather cleared so I could take them outside.
facepalm head shake.gif
Just... ugh.

Most of the babies are named. I'll give you three guesses the last one yet to be named. :p Yeah, I still can't find just the perfect name for her. I'll eventually give up and just pick something... but for now I'm still waiting for the perfect name to appear out of thin air, I guess.

So, on to the pictures! Names are added to each picture, along with their previous nickname or ID number in parentheses. :) First, the home hatchers:

B2 Ganymede.jpg
B2 Ganymede face.jpg
G1 Titan.jpg
G1 Titan Face.jpg
G2 Oberon.jpg
G2 Oberon face.jpg

And, my Meyer EE babies:

Brownie.jpg
Brownie face.jpg
Ophelia.jpg
Ophelia face.jpg
PT Puck.jpg
PT Puck face.jpg
Silvery Charon.jpg
Silvery Charon face.jpg

You may notice that I took most of their pictures in the brooder, but only Charon and Puck had their pictures taken in the paper towel studio. This is because I ended up having to separate the two of them for aggression toward the pullets. :hmm So, they are in the pen that the OEGB boys used to be in, where it's near impossible to get a good picture of them. Titan was moved over with them, where he promptly began to harass and peck them, and so I had to move him to the baby bin for the time being because I had already taken down his section in the big brooder. Tomorrow, I'll go ahead and put it back up and move him back, much as I'd rather not. He's pretty isolated in the baby bin with its solid sides, though, and that's not really fair to him. Ugh, roosters!

Thankfully, so far, Oberon is well behaved. I'm not naive enough to believe that this can't change, but hoping it won't. Ganymede is already pecking my hand, so I don't know about him. I'm still not 100% sure he's a he... but leaning heavily in that direction.

Anyways, just a few more shots I took while in the brooder. I'll admit... most of them are of Ophelia. :p She's just so irresistibly cute! :love I mean, look at this face!

Ophelia cuteness.jpg

Fifi, as I've taken to calling her, is easily the most tame Easter-egger I've ever owned. Here she is, deciding that my hand is a good place to perch and have a nice preen. :rolleyes:

Ophelia preen in my hand 1.jpg
Ophelia preen in my hand 2.jpg

She also gets quite relaxed during her cuddle time on my lap. :love :love
Ophelia relaxed.jpg

...Okay, she gets relaxed about anywhere. :p Goofy girl!

Relaxed peepers.jpg

Last picture for now... Oberon disapproves!! :eek: What a face!

Oberon disapproves.jpg

I love seeing pictures. I can't get over all the young chicks with such beautiful eyes, they would do a puppy well. Thinking /seeing those eyes, I know I could never process one, Thank goodness the ones in stores don't have the heads on them. Gruesome I know. But in some fish shops I forget that country, I think Japan, leaves the head on in restaurants. That way the consumer knows what kind of fish it is/was.

Makes sense and I don't eat fish anyway :sick

Mine just stand around and look miserable. :p Silly girls!

Thanks, DD. :)

Picture day for the Easter-eggers! They're about 5 weeks old! It's been crazy with these birds lately and the horrid weather. I want to get them outside to play more during the day, but it's hard to do when there's a torrential downpour happening half the time that floods their outside pen! :barnie I'm so sick of this weather!!

Anyway, so their pictures were taken inside today because it was storming and raining, so I wasn't sure if I could take them out. Of course, as soon as I finished taking pictures, the weather cleared so I could take them outside. View attachment 1789419 Just... ugh.

Most of the babies are named. I'll give you three guesses the last one yet to be named. :p Yeah, I still can't find just the perfect name for her. I'll eventually give up and just pick something... but for now I'm still waiting for the perfect name to appear out of thin air, I guess.

So, on to the pictures! Names are added to each picture, along with their previous nickname or ID number in parentheses. :) First, the home hatchers:

View attachment 1789421 View attachment 1789420 View attachment 1789425 View attachment 1789424 View attachment 1789427 View attachment 1789426

And, my Meyer EE babies:

View attachment 1789423 View attachment 1789422 View attachment 1789434 View attachment 1789430 View attachment 1789436 View attachment 1789435 View attachment 1789439 View attachment 1789438

You may notice that I took most of their pictures in the brooder, but only Charon and Puck had their pictures taken in the paper towel studio. This is because I ended up having to separate the two of them for aggression toward the pullets. :hmm So, they are in the pen that the OEGB boys used to be in, where it's near impossible to get a good picture of them. Titan was moved over with them, where he promptly began to harass and peck them, and so I had to move him to the baby bin for the time being because I had already taken down his section in the big brooder. Tomorrow, I'll go ahead and put it back up and move him back, much as I'd rather not. He's pretty isolated in the baby bin with its solid sides, though, and that's not really fair to him. Ugh, roosters!

Thankfully, so far, Oberon is well behaved. I'm not naive enough to believe that this can't change, but hoping it won't. Ganymede is already pecking my hand, so I don't know about him. I'm still not 100% sure he's a he... but leaning heavily in that direction.

Anyways, just a few more shots I took while in the brooder. I'll admit... most of them are of Ophelia. :p She's just so irresistibly cute! :love I mean, look at this face!

View attachment 1789429

Fifi, as I've taken to calling her, is easily the most tame Easter-egger I've ever owned. Here she is, deciding that my hand is a good place to perch and have a nice preen. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1789431 View attachment 1789432

She also gets quite relaxed during her cuddle time on my lap. :love :love
View attachment 1789433

...Okay, she gets relaxed about anywhere. :p Goofy girl!

View attachment 1789437

Last picture for now... Oberon disapproves!! :eek: What a face!

View attachment 1789428
You get them to look so good! Nice pictures

I love seeing pictures. I can't get over all the young chicks with such beautiful eyes, they would do a puppy well. Thinking /seeing those eyes, I know I could never process one, Thank goodness the ones in stores don't have the heads on them. Gruesome I know. But in some fish shops I forget that country, I think Japan, leaves the head on in restaurants. That way the consumer knows what kind of fish it is/was.

Makes sense and I don't eat fish anyway :sick

I definitely understand. :hugs I don't think I could ever do that job, myself, either. If @Leahs Mom hadn't put me on to a good processor in the area, I'd be drowning in roosters by now.

I've heard of that thing with the fish. :sick Good thing I don't like fish anyway.

You get them to look so good! Nice pictures

Thanks! :D They were a lot more relaxed for their pictures in the brooder.

Just a few pictures today from the babies. Terrible cell phone pictures, but pictures nonetheless. :rolleyes: I finally got around to moving their outside pen to a better location (less prone to flooding in all this rain, I mean), so they spent most of the day outside for the first time! By most of the day, I mean... when storms rolled in this afternoon, I brought them inside just in case. I'm getting pretty sick of this weather. :barnie Anyway, pictures...

...But first, a small announcement. I think it's finally happened... Brownie's finally gotten her real name!

So, the first picture serves to introduce y'all to... Mona!

Mona.jpg

My theme was natural satellites, but none of the actual names of natural satellites were clicking with me for her.

Then I thought, okay, I'll pick a name that I like for her an see if it works as a nickname for any of the names of natural satellites. Nope.

Finally, I gave up. Our natural satellite, the moon, has plenty of names in plenty of languages. Certainly one of those would work, right? Well, almost immediately, it did.

As soon as I started looking up other names for our moon, Mona came up, and immediately, it clicked. 'Mona' is an Old English word from which we get both 'moon' and 'month'. And it's an actual name, so that helped, too. Technically, it should be pronounced 'moon-ah' if I'm using the Old English, but... Oh, well. :p

So now everyone is named!! :celebrate

Anyway, just a few more pictures.

Ganymede. I'm... actually starting to wonder Gany may be a pullet after all.
confused.gif
No red patching like Oberon, no real comb development, small stature and feet... Hmm...
head scratcher.gif
Either way, his (or her) biting needs to stop!! :rant

Ganymede.jpg

And the last two are, you guessed it, Ophelia. :love What can I say, she's adorable! This is the face of a bird who knows she can get away with anything. :p

Ophelia.jpg

...And here she is, sun bathing on my lap. :rolleyes: Look at that beard coming in! :love

Ophelia sun bath.jpg

Sigh... So, we all know that chickening can be a rollercoaster, right? I had one of those sudden dips this morning that nearly floored me. Indigo has passed away. She was perfectly fine yesterday in the wing off of the coop that's currently serving as the broody buster. I suspect, since I've been seeing raccoon prints around the coop, that she got spooked and flew into the wall or ceiling, since it's lower in that section of the coop. And I was just thinking last night that she was about ready to come out of the broody buster. I'm kicking myself for not just letting her out last night. :( She was only 3 years old. My beautiful girl...

Indigo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom