Please help!!! My 2 drakes attacked my baby goose

scratch'n'peck :

I'm so sorry to hear that. You tried your best. It's always hard to lose a feathered friend.

Yes this is true. But what I can't figure out is why this hurts so much worse than the others I have lost. Maybe because one of my own did this to him. Poor Charlie​

I'm so sorry to read that. That is a horrible thing to go through. Don't blame yourself, I turned my back 1 sec and one of my ganders had a gosling by the back of the neck. I don't konw why they do that. I'm sure it happens in the wild too. There is nothing we can do for the pain when this happens. It hurts bad. He was very loved and will be very missed and waiting for you on the other side.
hugs.gif

This is my sweet little Charlie's grave. This is just temporary until the ground settles and I am certain that noone will dig him up or disturb him. I plan on lining the grave with conk shells that my kids and I found last April during a beach clean up day at one of our local beaches.

RIP poor sweet Charlie. I love you and you are missed terribly!!!

37732_0530011420_-_charlie_goose_grave.jpg

How sad. We lost one of our week old goslings to our dog yesterday. I know what you mean about it being one of your own that did it...

That's so sad, I'm sorry to hear it. It sounds as though you di everything you could to help him and he was surrounded by love and care at the end.....

BeckyBoo

Quote:
I lost a 2 day old EE chick on Friday. It just wasn't a good week for my critters. I am sorry to hear you lost a baby. It is always awful but losing them to a duck (like mine) and a dog is just terrible. I hope you have more babies to love and spoil.

Quote:
Yes I did do alot to try to help but there will always be the doubt in the back of my mind that there was something else I could have done for him. As you can see I still blame myself and I probably always will. Thank you for your kind words.

Back
Top Bottom