Please help sex my peafowl!

This will show you the different ones in question.

IB BS cock and Cameo

Cameo BS hen and a very dark IB hen

Starting at 1 o'clock clockwise, Cameo black shoulder
IB black shoulder hen
IB hen
IB cock
Cameo

Cameo and Cameo BS

I am thinking the Cameo is a hen and the Cameo BS is a male. My Cameo BS hen never got feathers that dark on her back, plus I think I am seeing some of that "male patterning" we talked about.

Hey there,
The lighting is just natural daylight here in East Texas, pictures just taken at different angles. Here are some pics from when they were just 4 weeks old and then again about a month later.

She is way darker than the cameo though, so I'm really just not sure at all... lol They do have wing tags so perhaps I should just call the lady up and see if she can figure out the mix up and be able to perhaps tell me what she is?

She is way darker than the cameo though, so I'm really just not sure at all... lol They do have wing tags so perhaps I should just call the lady up and see if she can figure out the mix up and be able to perhaps tell me what she is?

Couldn't hurt
gig.gif

But the question I'm asking isn't about that dark hen, it's about the one that folks are speculating is cameo... I'm wondering (and could be totally, totally wrong), whether that other bird (the one being called cameo) might possibly be a purple hen, rather than a cameo hen... But I am sooooo not an expert.

@DylansMom did you happen to look closely at the more red-brown bird in the very first post on this thread, and compare it to the colors of the background objects & earth under it, etc.? There's two pictures of it... It just seems to me that it might be a little dark/richly colored to be a cameo???
hu.gif

Whatever she is, she's pretty
love.gif

Yea, no that's what I mean, the one that everybody is saying is cameo is a bit darker/ richer than the ones I'm seeing in these pics, I totally agree with you! Anybody have any pics of the purples around her age (3 months)? Let's compare!!! Lol this is turning into a dang mystery!

Yea, no that's what I mean, the one that everybody is saying is cameo is a bit darker/ richer than the ones I'm seeing in these pics, I totally agree with you! Anybody have any pics of the purples around her age (3 months)? Let's compare!!! Lol this is turning into a dang mystery!
Mysteries help keep this forum going when hatching season is over
thumbsup.gif
she is a pretty girl what ever she color she develops .

Hey there,
The lighting is just natural daylight here in East Texas, pictures just taken at different angles. Here are some pics from when they were just 4 weeks old and then again about a month later.

Hey there,
She Looks like a black shouldered chick in this photo.

Last edited:
She Looks like a black shouldered chick in this photo.

I completely agree. Except
gig.gif

As you can see from the silhouettes in this one, there are actually FOUR birds in the photo.

But you can't see them very well in the second photo:

But you can see them way better now:

(Who knew this newfangled computer could do that???
lau.gif
)

So based on the photo and the history provided so far, I'm guessing that cute black shouldered chick bringing up the rear of the line was one of the snake dinner pair
hit.gif
And also one of the front two birds had a too-close encounter with the snake. Leaving the mystery cocoa-colored bird (third in line) and one of the first two.

I completely agree. Except
gig.gif

As you can see from the silhouettes in this one, there are actually FOUR birds in the photo.

But you can't see them very well in the second photo:

But you can see them way better now:

(Who knew this newfangled computer could do that???
lau.gif
)

So based on the photo and the history provided so far, I'm guessing that cute black shouldered chick bringing up the rear of the line was one of the snake dinner pair
hit.gif
And also one of the front two birds had a too-close encounter with the snake. Leaving the mystery cocoa-colored bird (third in line) and one of the first two.
OPPS

barnie.gif

Ok so I found a picture of a purple at 3 months old...

I'd say this bird could be my babys twin! I think the mystery might be solved but only time will tell! :)

Back
Top Bottom