Please help sex my peafowl!

Do you have any pics of your boy's wing feathers at 4 months? The wings on that bird are so brown and have so little striping, that is what has me thinking hen. Your boy's neck also looks a bit brighter in color to me.

I wonder if it could possibly be a low % Spalding hen maybe? I sort of want to say male because the defined barring up front but then the farther back the more it fades. I know Spalding hens can get some barring on them. This chick has me confused. I'm trying to remember if there's a way to sex them based on the neck and breast feather structure at this age.

I wonder if it could possibly be a low % Spalding hen maybe? I sort of want to say male because the defined barring up front but then the farther back the more it fades. I know Spalding hens can get some barring on them. This chick has me confused. I'm trying to remember if there's a way to sex them based on the neck and breast feather structure at this age.

That bird has the reddish flights and the breast feathers that make me think male, but I can't get past the lack of striping on the wings. I've always been told that the stripes will go away as a bird ages, but they never get more prominent or more defined as they age. Meaning if it doesn't have stripes at 4 months it never will. It really doesn't look spalding to me, but it could be a very, very low % I suppose.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7449882/width/200/height/400[/IMG

Very excited to have just entered the peafowl world[IMG]emojione/assets/png/1f600.png?v=2.2.7. These are new to me . Born 4/22. Is it too early to guess gender at this age ?

1f600.png
. These are new to me . Born 4/22. Is it too early to guess gender at this age ?
I can't see the picture. I click on the link and there's an error with that too.

Back
Top Bottom