Please help sex my peafowl!

I'm really not sure . I could ask
1f600.png
. What would it mean if they are lol ?

Spaldings are hybrid between the Indian and Green species. Spaldings tend to have more color than Indian peafowl if % is high enough. High % means closer to Green species while low % means closer to the Indian species.

Depends on species and variety. Most can be sexed around 3 weeks to 3 months. Peafowl can be sexed about 100% accuracy when they are around 8 months to 1 year.

Th
Spaldings are hybrid between the Indian and Green species. Spaldings tend to have more color than Indian peafowl if % is high enough. High % means closer to Green species while low % means closer to the Indian species. 

Thank you so much . I look forward to learning more on my peafowl adventure . if I have two males will they be ok together until maturity ?

I'm really not sure . I could ask
1f600.png
. What would it mean if they are lol ?

If the green blood is if higher % it can make sexing them early very tough and throw all expected colors off as well. Greens can look female up to around 12-18 months and even experts can get the gender wrong. After closer observation of your chicks Im leaning towards a pair with the rooster on the left and the hen on the right but she/he is still suspect. In a few more weeks post some more pics. Maybe time will help.

Gerald Barker

If the green blood is if higher % it can make sexing them early very tough and throw all expected colors off as well. Greens can look female up to around 12-18 months and even experts can get the gender wrong. After closer observation of your chicks Im leaning towards a pair with the rooster on the left and the hen on the right but she/he is still suspect. In a few more weeks post some more pics. Maybe time will help.

Gerald Barker

Thanks so much for all the Info
1f60a.png
. I will def post pics in a few weeks .

Hello, I am a relatively new bird owner (1year). I have recently acquired a few peafowl. Can some one help me as I am some kind of confused as to the sex of my birds. They are a little over 3 months and beginning to color. Same three peafowl just a different angle. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom