Please help! What breed is this?

Traffie Chickens

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2024
Hi I think I posted about this already but people didn’t really know, so I am trying again. But does anyone know what breed and gender this chick is? We thought it was a jersey giant but we weren’t sure. He or she came out of a brown egg, if that helps! Thanks!
IMG_0780.jpeg
IMG_0641.jpeg
IMG_0627.jpeg
IMG_0619.jpeg
IMG_0559.jpeg

It is 4 1/2 weeks old and it is wayy bigger than our other EE chicks that are the same age. It’s comb doesn’t have any pigment yet.

But don’t Easter Eggers come out of blue or green eggs?
EE's are supposed to lay blue or green eggs, but it's quite common that they lay brown as well. I believe you got the eggs from your neighbor, right? Do you know if they have any Easter Eggers that lay brown eggs, or an EE roo?

EE's are supposed to lay blue or green eggs, but it's quite common that they lay brown as well. I believe you got the eggs from your neighbor, right? Do you know if they have any Easter Eggers that lay brown eggs, or an EE roo?
Ya we did get them from our neighbors, and I don’t know if they have any brown laying EEs, but I do know that they have an EE roo.

Ya we did get them from our neighbors, and I don’t know if they have any brown laying EEs, but I do know that they have an EE roo.
There you go then. His dad is an EE, which is where he gets his pea comb, and his mom is either an EE who lays brown eggs or maybe something like a Black Australorp or Black Jersey Giant, which is where his black coloring comes from.

Back
Top Bottom