PLEASE HELP WITH PROCESSED CHICKEN WARNING DON'T LOOK IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH VERY GRAPHIC

Burns Homestead

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hornbrook, California
I just processed a 4 year old rooster that has been fighting with the other roosters and tearing my girls up. Looks like hes been beat up pretty bad to he has puncture on his side and all over his back.

Yes it was pretty bad Is eatable or no The brown spot above the green spot on his back looks like cooked meat already

That is a huge puncture and is bloody in the meat.,.

Please Help and dont say anything hateful

I'd cut out the bad looking parts and eat the good looking parts, but that's just me. If he was fighting, he's bruised up and I would expect that pooled blood wouldn't be good. If you have any doubts, I'd pass on eating it. You could feed it to the chickens.....

I'd cut out the bad looking parts and eat the good looking parts, but that's just me. If he was fighting, he's bruised up and I would expect that pooled blood wouldn't be good. If you have any doubts, I'd pass on eating it. You could feed it to the chickens.....
Thats what I was wondering too. So the legs and breast and I will get rid of the back

I'm with TrudyG - cut out what looks good and save it - dispose/compost/feed to animals/etc the rest.

never feed cooked bones to dogs as an fyi. But I would def cook it up and feed it to the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom