please help

May 31, 2017
Mo
right now i have a bluetick coonhound but im moving out of my parents house and my dog has lived with my parents dog for her whole life so i was thinking of getting another dog so its not so hard on her. what do you think?

i would get another bluetick

Just make sure your current dog gets some exercise to prevent bordem. That could be with another dog or taking her fishing with you. Make sure you want another dog before getting one. If she spends ENOUGH time with you besides an occasional petting while feeding or walking past the pen she may not need a companion dog. Mine plays fetch every evening or goes with me horse back. Some don't have that much time. But as a person who likes 50-84 hr work wks I don't have any more time than the next guy.

Just make sure your current dog gets some exercise to prevent bordem. That could be with another dog or taking her fishing with you. Make sure you want another dog before getting one. If she spends ENOUGH time with you besides an occasional petting while feeding or walking past the pen she may not need a companion dog. Mine plays fetch every evening or goes with me horse back. Some don't have that much time. But as a person who likes 50-84 hr work wks I don't have any more time than the next guy.
i love riding horses but she hates horses and cows plus she needs a leash. i really want to spend more time with her

It comes with time. Lots and lots and then some more time. Don't sweat it. Like horses you just need partial percentage of improvement at a time

After you get there it is fun. And the dog will usually travel twice the distance as the horse. Atleast the 1st half

Getting a second dog entirely depends on your situation and readiness. If you are moving, it may be a better idea to wait until she settles in to your new place and gets used to a routine before bringing in a second dog. You can do lots of other activities in the mean time to help keep her from getting bored like walks or hikes. You can even set up play dates with friend dogs (my dog has more friend dates than I do!)

I am in a similar situation but I plan to wait until I am settled and used to my new residence before bringing home a second dog.

Getting a second dog entirely depends on your situation and readiness. If you are moving, it may be a better idea to wait until she settles in to your new place and gets used to a routine before bringing in a second dog. You can do lots of other activities in the mean time to help keep her from getting bored like walks or hikes. You can even set up play dates with friend dogs (my dog has more friend dates than I do!)

I am in a similar situation but I plan to wait until I am settled and used to my new residence before bringing home a second dog.
well i have two get a puppy thats not trained because im planning on going to animal behavior college

Back
Top Bottom