Please Host / Upload / Store Your Pics On BYC - Not Photobucket etc.

Fortunately I have back ups of most all the pictures I uploaded to photobucet. Many people do not. I have three USB external hard disks, One firewire disk and a number of zip, sydos etc. disks that are external and have multiple backups.
I did so after a rasum ware attack on my computer. I literally had to wipe the hard disk and reinstall the operating system to rid my computer of this. I DO NOT ever have my external disks running while my computer is on. I have a special computer now that I take the information off the disks that is NEVER allowed on the internet. I firewire this to a zip disk, transfer the information to my computer then I wipe that disk and reformat it. Seems to work so far.

I guess you all heard the news about Photobucket. It's been a pain for me. You see I need this to work with them but no 3rd party hosting now and if you do you'll get that message I seen above. All my online friends are very upset since we have been using photobucket since 2009. Pictures and videos are going poof except my videos have not and not sure why mine are still on the site I belong to. I use photobucket for videos only right now and since this all began I'm unable to upload any videos at all since the end of last month.

To use photobucket with 3rd party hosting it's going to cost $399 dollars to upgrade from a free account. You think were going to do that nah some did and will. People posting on photobucket was actually saying their blackmailing them to pay for it until they disabled their help section there.

This does not have anything to do with this site at all but, I belong to another message board, the owner of the board is on facebook mostly and I bring his photos and videos to cross post them into the message board. I hope you see what a pain this is for me. He has been alerted of the change.

Fortunately I have back ups of most all the pictures I uploaded to photobucet. Many people do not. I have three USB external hard disks, One firewire disk and a number of zip, sydos etc. disks that are external and have multiple backups.
I did so after a rasum ware attack on my computer. I literally had to wipe the hard disk and reinstall the operating system to rid my computer of this. I DO NOT ever have my external disks running while my computer is on. I have a special computer now that I take the information off the disks that is NEVER allowed on the internet. I firewire this to a zip disk, transfer the information to my computer then I wipe that disk and reformat it. Seems to work so far.
Not many people backup their photos or videos as I am finding out. I do I have a 1 TB external hard drive which is where all my photos are. I am going to say this you are smart to do this and thank you for mentioning this. People know to do this but don't.

@casportpony do you (or any other members) have links to some other posts that have this problem (missing images from photobucket)? I'd like to run some tests.

Thanks!!!
I'll look for more when I get back on the computer. Is there any way you can search the "show off you peas" thread for posts by minxfox? Search by thread doesn't work since adding bookmarks, otherwise I would go look.

I got another email from PB, wanting their $399. I think not. They say the pics and everything is safe. Guess i just need to go move them from their site altogether. :rolleyes:

I got another email from PB, wanting their $399. I think not. They say the pics and everything is safe. Guess i just need to go move them from their site altogether. :rolleyes:
If I were you I'd hurry up and move them before they lock you out.
Assuming they would not give your access unless your paid???

Back
Top Bottom