Plymouth MA?

Plymouth as well! I also got 6 chicks in July and now all are laying. I use a heated waterer on the cold days, and a light on the coop. I have some Silkies, Austrolorp, Buff Brahma, Easter Egger, And Wyandotte's. My Easter Egger is laying green eggs-and yesterday laid the hugest egg I have ever seen-like double the others-poor thing!
Maybe a double yoker,it's a sign of good luck for you!
I'm from Plymouth County,close to neighbors. I have several breeds for eating eggs including a couple EE'ers,I breed and incubate Red and Black Sex Links,( I call them Red or Black Stars) from my RIR Rooster,He's mean and nasty but He sires a good line of super layers!

Hi guys! I'm from plymouth also. If anyone knows of a place I can get 1 or 2 more chicks let me know. I know this us a odd request but the two I have have leg problems so I'd love to get one with spraddle leg so they won't peck each other too much.

Hi all!
Another guy from Plymouth here. Have been interested in raising my of Guinea fowl for the benefits of reducing tick born diseases like Lyme and was excited to come across others nearby. Just wanted to say hi and great thread!!

Jake

I always thought plymouth had no laws against raising chickens but I just found out about a rooster "nuisance law". Has anyone had to deal with this? I have an upset neighbor and I'm not sure if it is strictly enforced. My roo only started crowing this morning! And only 3 times then he stopped! Ugh she's going to be trouble. Helllppp! I don't want to get rid of my guy :(

I think that's right down tw street form me and I have chickens! We have zero laws against them. We do have a nuisance law though. If a rooster becomes too much of a problem and they receive so many calls that it becomes a "nuisance" to fe town we would have to get rid of him.

Thank you for your response. I am not planning on getting a rooster so that will not be a problem. I am happy to hear that I can raise the chickens. Do you have any advise on where and how to purchase chickens? Age?

Tom

I would try to get some pullets instead of chicks. Chicks are adorable but the whole heat lamp thing in the summer is horrible! Plus you know what you're getting. I got my red stars from a man in Hanson and last I heard he had some more. I think he's on this thread. Message eggzausted a few comments up. They are very sweet :)

Back
Top Bottom