Plymouth MA?

And I think he only hatches red stars. Last I talked to him he still had some from the batch I got mine from. My girls are so sweet and very healthy.

hey quickanimator1

Hello neighbor,
I have sold all of my Red and Black Stars for this year, I am hatching a few Rhode Island Reds to select a new rooster from that line,and I won't need the pullets but it will be a while before they will be ready to go
Next spring I hope to be in full swing with the Stars again.

Last edited:
Hello, I live in Carver. Not new to chicken raising but some time down the line may like to maybe trade hatching eggs or maybe ordering chicks from a catalog and have people to go in on the order with me because I don't want 25 chickens and a lot of times you have to order 15 to 25. Right now I have 3 old Ladies a Golden Lace Wyandotte which I would like more of 1 Andalusian 1Buff Rock they I don't believe they lay eggs, then I have a beautiful Barred Rock Rooster who does his job all to well and my 1 year old hens I have 3 Barred Rock hens, 2 Rhode Island Reds. Does anyone think they would be interested in something like this? The farm and garden places only order certain kinds.

Hello Plymouth folks! I'm in the process of dreaming about retirement and someone recommended I consider Plymouth. Really this is the dream stage since I'm at least 10 years away. Have 2 kids to see through college so I might be stuck working much longer. We currently reside in CT. I grew up on Jamestown, RI and the family owns property on the Vineyard (which will come to my brothers and I someday). The sea is in my blood :)

Anyway, I like how people here have mentioned "farm country" to describe Plymouth. I keep chickens now even though my town doesn't allow them on less than 2 acres. My neighbors have been fine with them so far.

I'd eventually like to have a few acres of my own. How do you like living in Plymouth? How is the town area? While I could retreat onto a farm and live in bliss with animals and a garden DH grew up in Scotland and likes town life. You know, walk to town for a coffee or a beer at a pub. Not sure how often multi-acre properties come up (no subdivisions with rules for me).

In essence, I'm just indulging a fantasy here but would love to hear about life in your town (or other nearby areas that you think might fit the bill).

Thanks! Linda

Hi Linda, my first 9 years of life I lived in Plymouth when it was a real community town, then Middleboro a moved to Carver when I turn 21, the best thing to do is vist areas there is a lot of what I call little towns all along theTHE CAPE, and it depends on what you are really looking for, it really isn't Farm country like you see in WV or PA but you can find property with some acreage it comes with a price, if you want the CAPE COD feel I think Bourne is quite nice. We are hoping to move to WV we have a home there but a lot of baggage here right now, someday because at least to us is to pricey to retire in MA I couldn't survive here if I retired, but very important todo reasearch and have a list of wants and do not wants and 1 thing to look for is and ask realtors what areas to stay out of (bad areas) hopefully they would be honest with you.

Thanks Glor! I agree with your advice. Believe me, I hear you about the cost of living in New England (at least CT!). My little dreams help me get through the work day. DH isn't much help as he has a scrooge mentality and feels he will work until he drops
roll.png

Perhaps sometime we'll visit and see for ourselves. Thanks for the response!

Last edited:
Hi guys! I need advice. My rooster started crowing last week. A LOT! And today my neighbor ( who last week said it was a cool sound and doesn't mind it) well today she said she wants it gone TODAY! I love my roo :( is there any laws that say he has to go? I'm not putting him down. These are my pets.

Hi,
I live in Centerville, about 25 min from Plymouth. I need to get rid of my 9 Red Star hens asap. They are not getting along with my ducks. They are all about one year old and laying regularly. They are healthy as far as I can see. I am selling them for $12 each. Please let me know if you are interested in getting some or all of them.
Schylie

Back
Top Bottom