Plymouth Rock Bantams Discussion Thread

What variety of Plymouth Rock Bantam do you own?

• Buff

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Barred

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • Black

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Blue

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Columbian

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Partridge

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Silver Pencilled

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • White

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Other ABA recognized color

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Project Colors (Non-SOP)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Large Fowl Plymouth Rocks

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
We raise barred rock bantams. We got our stock from Dick Horstman. Here is a photo. ( I am a poor photographer!)

Christie
smile.png

Guys -
We're very new to keeping hens and bought 3 lovely Plymouth Rock Buff pullets (about 8/9 weeks) 3 weeks ago.
One of them is less social and seems slightly more skittish than the rest and has randomly started making a honking noise (it's more of a call than any kid of distress and it's just once in a while). Is this normal? Is it a sign of maturing? Here they are in my back yard in the UK.

Here are my new fellas, a shared project with the local 4-H. We are currently looking for hatching eggs or pullets to go with them. Any Columbian Rock Bantam breeders on this thread still? Thanks in advance!!

[/IMG]

I now have a quint of partridge rock bantams I was given in trade for an equine massage treatment. The breeder won at every fair she entered her birds in this year so I'm excited to try myself. The pullets are still young and haven't started laying yet. Has anyone had these guys butchered? How do they stack up as meat birds? Tiny obviously, but do they get nice and fleshy? Or stay kinda scrawny? Considering letting the girls raise a few clutches in the spring, keeping a few pullets and putting the rest in the freezer

Back
Top Bottom