Plymouth Rock thread!

If you want to see Google "California Whites" chicken. That's a cross from a barred colored California Gray rooster and white leghorn female..

You can either get all white offspring or white with black dots all over.

White Leghorns carry The dominant white gene. So they'll be white, but dominant white has a hard time masking black that's why sometimes you see black spots.

If you want to see Google "California Whites" chicken That's a cross from a barred colored California Gray rooster and white leghorn female..

You can either get all white offspring or white with black dots all over.

White Leghorns carry The dominant white gene. So they'll be white, but dominant white has a hard time masking black that's why sometimes you see black spots.
Thanks for trying to help I really appreciate it. But I know that what i don't know is if i should get California grays just by crossing barred rock roo with white leghorn.?

Last edited:
No you Will not get California Grays. Cali Grays are a white egg laying breed. I believe a barred rock was used in it's creation in the mid 20th century.

You'll get a white bird that would lay a very light brown large egg.

Hello people from this thread.!What's the weight of your barred rock? I have an 8 month old barred rock and he's 7 lbs. I bought this as a baby chick from a local store, but they buy their baby chicks from Ideal poultry.

On your computer, under the last post is a thing that says how many unread posts, if you're subscribed, etc. Click the subscribed button and it will change that for you. On a mobile I think there's a drop down list you can do the same thing with.

Any idea if my 2 week br is a female? Crossing fingers tightly as she's 1 of my favs out of 8 new chicks I got. I got another 1 that is 3 weeks old and I'm told she's a female from mcmurray, but she has brighter white. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom