Plymouth Rock thread!

It seems the exhibition thread for plymouth rocks was recently closed, so I suppose I'll ask here! Does anyone have any recommendation on lines/breeders for white rocks?

I have 3 hatchery stock rocks, a barred, a white, and a partridge. My white is so built her father might as well have been a horse! She's beastly in size and just feels like a powerful bird to hold. I love her and want more like her! She seems much more like what I'd expect from a dual purpose breed in comparison to my other two, who are beautiful but not nearly so meaty.

Try Fred's Hens or Weaver's Rocks on this site, they both have excellent WR stock.

Are Plymouth Rock's known to be very broody? My young hen (not even a year old yet) has decided she absolutely wants to be broody, she's very dedicated so I've given her 9 eggs to hatch
smile.png

I don't think you have a barred rock there. She is a dominique with that rose comb.

Are there any partridge rock breeders of SQ Large fowl birds??

Dick Horstman.... not sure if he is selling any this year or not.

I have his stock and am using them to make Blue Partridge (5th or 6th generation into them). I will have some in the spring I am sure. Not laying right now.

He also has Silver Penciled Rocks too.

I have his stock and am using them to make Blue Partridge (5th or 6th generation into them).  I will have some in the spring I am sure.  Not laying right now.

Could you possibly share picture of his/your stock?

I have his stock and am using them to make Blue Partridge (5th or 6th generation into them).  I will have some in the spring I am sure.  Not laying right now.

Could you possibly share picture of his/your stock?

You can look him up on BYC or the net. I don't have any good pictures since I have not been selling them and they are molting now.

Dick horstman no longer sells SQ LF partridge rocks. :/

Does anyone have his stock or know anyone else that breeds them?

Dick horstman no longer sells SQ LF partridge rocks.
hmm.png

Does anyone have his stock or know anyone else that breeds them?

I do but it would be spring. They are a project pen for making Blue Partridge and I don't have a reg partridge cock just blue partridge so 50/50 on color... well I think I have a blue hen so might get some splash too.

Back
Top Bottom