Plymouth Rock thread!

In this pic I can see the black wash down her leg so that confirms she is NOT a Marans. They don't have that Black was.... just nice pink legs or white. Glad you solved your mystery.

Yay! I'm happy to have solved it, too. I would not have minded Marans, but we really wanted more Rocks.

I've been looking for months to find a few white rocks locally to add to my flock. All the birds I find are overpriced and really just didn't look that good. I found a lady that had some for sale an hour from me so I picked up a roo and two hens. They are 24 weeks old and just started laying pullet eggs. I'm over the moon happy with these birds

And in their new home.

Hello all!
I am very new to raising chickens... have my first ten hens now, and this is my first question, tho I think this last post may have answered it for me already! I friend raised them to pullet stage for me - they are all supposed to be brown egg-layers from Murray McMurray, and the ones I will show were hatched in March of this year and so are about 4 months old. When I got them around June 1st, the two Partridge Rocks shown here were about the same size- on the smaller side, looked exactly the same (hen-like coloring) and one was and still is particularly docile, to the point that I wondered if she was sick- very zen-like; drinks with her eyes shut never in a hurry etc.) Anyhow, they have grown, and now look very different.
I suspect a rooster, but no crowing and no sign of spurs... is this possible? What do you think?
Maybe young rooster? or another brown egg layer I am not aware of?
the hen (he used to look like this)

Okay guys. I need your help. (9 week old BR)

I have 7 BR. 6 are light coloured, and of those 6, 3 have really red comb.

One is dark with pink small comb.

My question is, are the 6 light chick's all roos because they are light coloured?

Keep in mind I only have one dark one and she is definitely a hen.

Back
Top Bottom