Plymouth Rock thread!

Pics
Very pretty, Scott.....

Maybe you should give them some red peppers? lol

Only 14 degrees this morning and my chickens are playing outside already! Guess they are enjoying the last of our above zero weather.....

Last edited:
woot.gif
YAY!!! Go, Scott, go!!! I can hardly wait to see your breeding program going and see alllllll those chicks!
thumbsup.gif

They just keep getting prettier and prettier Scott!

I'm still waiting on my 26 week old SPPR's to start laying, so I'm right there with ya.

Last edited:
Here's some quick shots of my 2 SPPR pullets. These girls are beautiful and BIG. I didn't realize how big until I put them in with my main flock. They are now 26 1/2 weeks old, still not an egg in sight. But I did find a SPPR feather in the nestbox, so that's a start!

SDC10783.jpg

This one is a little blurry, but it shows their size well.
SDC10780.jpg

SDC10779.jpg

Guess I caught her off guard, she looks drunk!
SDC10777.jpg

SDC10775.jpg

Very nice hens there. Mine this year are bigger than last years batch also. At 16 weeks my four survivers outsize last years hens. Cockerals and the pulletts are as big as my biggest from last year already. Then again they were raised free ranging and not on feed so that might have alot to do with it since they came from same place. I know we do not have as many bugs now as we did thanks to the chickens.

Yard full o' rocks :

WOW...they ARE big girls. Any idea of their weight?! I hope my CR girls get that big!

Looks like they have nice tail spread too....not "pinched" at all

I'm no expert but they look very nice to me!!!!

I have no idea on their weight. I can tell you they are as big as my 1 1/2 year old BR hen. They outsize every other chicken in my run, except the roosters. They are even bigger than the 2 BCM's I have.

And I can't take credit for them, I just hatched them. Wynette did the wonderful breeding.​

Last edited:
Kelly, they are looking GREAT! Nice job raising them up! I'm SO pleased they are large!! They actually look nicer than the parent stock IMHO. (and VERY red combs! I'm somewhat surprised they aren't laying for you yet, the lazies!)

Scott, I see some VERY red combs...surely it will not be long! Your Columbians are coming along super nicely - beautiful birds!

does the "plymouth rock fanciers of america" membership come w/a yearbook, i saw where there was a list of contacts and was wondering if this was in the form of a yearbook?

Back
Top Bottom