Pointers on sexing Polish Chicks! new pics!!

Very informative thanks. My polish chicks are 4 weeks, one has struted around from the start and fusses whenever we hold any other chick so we will be surprised if it turns out to be a hen! Got lovely pompom heads already, have black and silver white crested and a all creamy/white one we thought was a frizzle but not so sure at this stage! Will try to put up some pictures but they don't stay still long enough and have tried several times lol!

Yep now at 10 weeks and he is definately a Cockerel. Behaviour was there from the beginning and as luck would have it, was the only male!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have three chicks all look axis toy the same except one has a bigger crest... All 4 weeks old... Do I have one male? Or is that the female?

Hen or roo

I picked these guys up from someone who had no idea what they were and estimated their ages to be somewhere between 3 and 4 months, though not all the same. I'm fairly certain they're at least part Polish, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Any ideas on sex?

I picked these guys up from someone who had no idea what they were and estimated their ages to be somewhere between 3 and 4 months, though not all the same. I'm fairly certain they're at least part Polish, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Any ideas on sex?

They look like white crested black polish to me. I have two of them. I could be wrong though, because I'm a newbie :)

And I am unsure of the sex part.

Last edited:
Thanks! Someone on another thread (bad form, I'm sorry. Will stick to just one in future) suggested they all look like pullets. I hope they're right-- I'll be a little heart broken if I have to rehome a roo.

Thanks! Someone on another thread (bad form, I'm sorry. Will stick to just one in future) suggested they all look like pullets. I hope they're right-- I'll be a little heart broken if I have to rehome a roo.

I'm glad they said they look like pullets because they look just like mine haha so that's good news for both of us (hopefully) because i can't have roos and I would also be very sad to have to rehome. Ive become really attached to my chicks haha

anyone tell me sex of these please thanks.

polish 2 week old

silkie 12 days old

lemon frizzle 25 days old

lavender miniature 16 days old

Hi all, These two are 13 weeks, and I'm not sure if I'm at a point where they are the same, or I will still be able to have one each. I'm hoping for one each, but will be happy with two girls, as the hatchery I got them from only has a rooster and I could possibly do a loan/trade for breeding. Any help to say yeah or nay would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John M.

Hi Jacko here, I have. Six black white crested polish in my incubator due to hatch on
The 8/27/15 about two weeks time I will let you have pics then, one way of sexing these birds at that age is spread the wing feathers and see if it has two rows of main flight feathers if it has it's probably a cockerel, it worked for me in the past, let me know how you get on, cheers. Jacko

Back
Top Bottom