Polish pictures

I will get some pics of my Polish babies in a bit... They are just three weeks old, so they are starting to get that "chickasaurus rex" look. My white-crested black looks like a balding man whose rogaine has failed... he's lost most of his head down and just has pinfeathers starting, with this poof of a few feathers off to one side. Poor baby.... LOL!

My Polish and the one which looks a bit different...not sure if it is a Polish for sure

Jessie, my WCB Polish 3 weeks old
Kevin, also 3 weeks old... Silver Laced?
Spaz, the baby in question...this one is *shorter* and dumpier than the others, and I wonder if he/she is Polish or something else??
And two pics of Dug, also three weeks old. Color? I was thinking this one was gold laced, but it doesn't look like it

Polish do usually have a hard time seeing if they have the really full combs that are also very wide. We had to trim one of our black crested white polish's crest about a week ago because she couldn't see a thing where as the others could see fine. I'm thinking of giving her a full on mohawk, actually. That'd be pretty funny.

Polish come in both standard and bantam sizes.

I trim my girls as needed. Sometimes they need that edge when with other hens. The roosters-I never trim, I hope they have trouble catching a hen!!!

I first saw this gorgious breed at a local farm...It was love at first sight.Here are 2 I have,but have recently aquired 17 more!Love them!

this is our only polish hen. we did have a silver laced rooster, but re-homed him after he spurred my leg & kept jumping on my husband's back. This hen is very docile, though, she started out very timid but has come into her own and doesn't take flack from our other birds (2 RIR and 4 barred rocks). She is our most consistent layer, can almost always guarantee at least an egg a day.

Our baby polish that hatched this morning

Back
Top Bottom