Polish roo eye gone and eye socket bleeding help

We've used saline and providone solution and I've kept neosporin on it he's had pennicillin shots at 2 different intervals and he's swollen so bad I don't know what to do to get the infection out I know its like in the center of the wound I looked in his mouth and don't see any puss I tried pushing on the roof of his mouth to see if I could get it to come out of the opening we made but we got nothing
sad.png
I agree with Kathy,try and cut into wound again. I would also suggest you use a 3-5% diluted peroxide solution,reason being that certain staph infections are resistant to iodine. They can also become resistant to penicillins,this may be why you see no change. My concern is that this infection may have developed into cellulitis,infection has spread to deep tissue layers. Is it hot to the touch?

Last edited:
"I think as far as infection he looks better and what you are giving him is working"
On the penicillin she was giving only 0.1cc at first for him and that is a very very small dose. She might have saved herself alot of work in the beginning if she had given him more antibiotic. That does not mean to change what she is giving him because obviously the bird looks alot better and what she is giving him is working just like I said. I never attacked you at all. Surprised for the type of response

"I think as far as infection he looks better and what you are giving him is working"
On the penicillin she was giving only 0.1cc at first for him and that is a very very small dose. She might have saved herself alot of work in the beginning if she had given him more antibiotic. That does not mean to change what she is giving him because obviously the bird looks alot better and what she is giving him is working just like I said. I never attacked you at all. Surprised for the type of response
It's been my experience that antibiotics alone will not take care of the pus, it always needs to be removed.

-Kathy

He needs to be apart from the flock because they will peck him now. You could let him visit in a cage. Procaine Penicillin G 0.1cc/mlup to 0.5 cc/ml (that is 1/10 to 1/2 cc/ml) can be given safely as a shot into the breast muscle daily for 4 days. Alternate sides. Use a 20 gauge needle, and you may need to draw it up in an 18 gauge needle since it is thick. Be sure to pull back on the syringe to check that you are not in a blood vessel, before giving.
KATHY IF WHEN SHE WAS GIVING PENICILLIIN SHE GAVE 1 CC INSTEAD OF THIS SHE MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN HIM WELL SOONER AND SAVED HERSELF SOME WORK. As I said for the third time "the meds she is giving now are working, and the rooster looks like she is getting the infection" I should maybe give you an article on "Bullies" and people who attack other people .
Here is an article that might help you
http://www.heart-2-heart.ca/save-yourself/
Have a Merry Christmas

I agree that cipro(baytril)should be given for this infection,if it has turned into cellulitis and op has been using penicillin with no results than a stronger antibiotic is called for. Cellulitis can spread to the bloodstream causing a serious bacterial infection throughout the body called sepsis.

Back
Top Bottom