Polish roo eye gone and eye socket bleeding help

These are the 2 I've tried he has had 2 different rounds of pen they weren't given at the same time

lol Kathy I appreciate all the info I can get on dos and donts of chicken care

KATHY IF WHEN SHE WAS GIVING PENICILLIIN SHE GAVE 1 CC INSTEAD OF THIS SHE MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN HIM WELL SOONER AND SAVED HERSELF SOME WORK. As I said for the third time "the meds she is giving now are working, and the rooster looks like she is getting the infection" I should maybe give you an article on "Bullies" and people who attack other people .
Here is an article that might help you
http://www.heart-2-heart.ca/save-yourself/
Have a Merry Christmas
Kathy goes above and beyond in her efforts to provide excellent advice to people regarding issues with their chickens. To accuse her of bullying and attacking people is ridiculous and completely unfair.

Shame on you!!

[COLOR=333333] "I think as far as infection he looks better and what you are giving him is working"  [/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333] On the penicillin she was giving only 0.1cc at first for him and that is a very very small dose. She might have saved herself alot of work in the beginning if she had given him more antibiotic.  That does not mean to change what she is giving him because obviously the bird looks alot better and what she is giving him is working just like I said.  I never attacked you at all.  Surprised for the type of response[/COLOR]
Sorry, but I disagree with you on penicillin G dosage. 0.1 ml is the correct dose for a chicken, and although some will give up to 0.5 ml, but 1 ml is the dose for a 100 lb animal. There are many references to this dosage, and telling this person that they were giving too little is wrong. She has been waiting for 3-4 days for Cipro to arrive in the mail, so that she could change to a stronger antibiotic.

My country vet is who gave me those dosages 15 yrs ago and I have always used them. They have always worked well for me. I think it is thoughtful you look up so many dosages for everyone because that is a good thing. But over the years I have found penicillin to work best if I give it like he said. I thought oh my gosh I am overdosing them but it sure enough works better at those rates. I am glad I listened to him.

Procaine is for extended life of the medication after injected and I don't give it daily. There is peniciliin G that is immediate release and you give it daily shot. Procaine penicillin has the Procaine in it for extended time in the injection. I will give one shot every other day if it is horrible sick bird but usually every 3 days and they normally only need 1 more dose if they are still sick. I had never even thought of it as a daily dose. I am glad you are reading us what the book says on dosages because that is very interesting. to know I just hadn't thought of something as mild as penicillin having issues but at one time there was question as to giving the kind with procaine to poultry.

Procaine is for extended life of the medication after injected and I don't give it daily. There is penicillin G that is immediate release and you give it daily shot. Procaine penicillin has the Procaine in it for extended time in the injection. I will give one shot every other day if it is horrible sick bird but usually every 3 days and they normally only need 1 more dose if they are still sick. I had never even thought of it as a daily dose. I am glad you are reading us what the book says on dosages because that is very interesting. to know I just hadn't thought of something as mild as penicillin having issues but at one time there was question as to giving the kind with procaine to poultry.
The penicillin that is sold at feed stores is procaine penicillin G, just like the two pictured in this thread.

Picture from post #91
-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom