Polish Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know mixed breeds are generally frowned upon but I am just SO CURIOUS to see when I get from some of my future eggs! Chickens make such great pets and thats really the only reason I keep them because they're so lovely to look at and have around. I know other people who keep them as pets/for eggs that I can lways give my mutts away to.

My flock is going something like this... silver laced polish, gold laced polish, splash old english, crele old english, white silkie, splash silkie, frizzled showgirl mix, silkie showgirl, 5 different colored seramas, arucauna, 2 phoenix mix breeds... and who knows what I might add!

Could you imagine offspring from some of those combonations? LOL

Which reminds me... is it possible for all chickens to interbreed with one another or only certain types... hmm I smell a new topic coming! *runs off to post*

They are your chickens to do with what you want. You love to see what they do, go for it!

When it comes to selling inbred chickens it is important to let people know up front. I had bought eggs from a breeder who is no longer breeding or selling as far as I know and some of the silkies where mixed. I ended giving away every bird that hatched. That was an expensive order of mixed bred chickens. I was not happy.

Don't worry my mix breeds will all most likely be free... after I wait for them to grow up a bit so I can keep the real pretty ones
gig.gif

SO HOW BOUT THEM POLISH! LOL

Here is the little silver laced polish chick. I really hope its a pullet because Ive got a great male in mind! So far the crest and saddle feathers are coming in rounded (except for some of the new crest feathers that are pointed) so here's hoping! I'm going to go pick up some gold laced pullets sometime this week.

27817_1518458921607_1238536230_31519151_5743376_n.jpg

27817_1518458961608_1238536230_31519152_2085247_n.jpg

27817_1518459041610_1238536230_31519153_1588271_n.jpg

Quote:
She is very pretty. My Polish are all only 5 weeks old and I have to admit I wasn't happy when my DH first came home with them (I had asked for wyandottes). But I absolutely love them now!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom