Political Ramblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty amazing!! There has been almost no political talk about restricting the use of any type of weapons for quite a long time but we still have those who will spout the NRA mantra. The NRA spent all of their time and money over the last year warning about the perils of Obama and guns when, in fact, Obama did nothing that any gun owner could interpret as harmful to a gun owner. From thin air you guys predict the future of the USA and its gun laws. You must read tarrot cards.

The whole approach to crime in the UK is flawed. They think the answer is in taking away things from the law abiding. The answer to crime is punishment and following through with it.
I don't agree with taking away guns and knives and the such, but our country's approach to crime is not working either.

I am not a member of the NRA. They are like any other political organization. If their issue goes away, they lose their positions of power and all of the prestige that goes with it.

But, I must say that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then chances are really high that it is a duck. For reference on Obama's stance on the 2nd amendment. http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm The record includes voting against a law defending a person's right to use a firearm in self defense in their own home (reference Illinois Senate Bill 2165). And he did complete a survey stating that he was for an outright ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.

Also as recalled by Sarah Brady "I just want you to know that we are working on it," Brady recalled the president telling them. "We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar." Was fast and furious under the radar? Using executive privilege seems to imply that he had involvement in that fiasco. But back to the "Under the radar" comment. That's not exactly out in the open now is it? It's also akin to telling Medvedev that he'll have more flexibility after he gets reelected.

While he might not do a thing about gun control, I have no doubt that if he could, he would.

Fast and furious did put guns in the hands of criminals. I highly doubt if the NRA dumped a dumptruck load of guns in Detroit that people would pick them up and start shooting each other... maybe I'm wrong but it seems unlikely.

Obama did a fair job distancing himself from gun bans as to not cloud his re-election.

Like the NRA when they have nothing left to talk about they, and others, will start again with:

Fast & Furious,
Benghazi
Birther,
Imagined things Obama wants to do
and anything else that they can think of that has been so overplayed and is virtually and politically useless.

Does anyone get it that all these things have become political jokes? Guys and Gals, it is time to get into reality. I think it is your best bet to begin bashing Hillary since everyhting that is being said about Obama is really old and irrelevent news.

In the US, Fast and Furious was a scandal; in Mexico it was and still is a war. I cannot imagine the US government being so stupid as to do what they did. Someone must have gotten something for letting the operation go forth. The cartels must have gotten to someone. In Mexico the cartels have a "Plata o Plomo" policy toward toward law enforcement. The cops get to choose to take the silver or the bullet in the head. Guess what they opt for?

Combating the cartels has fallen to the military. They know that when they take a prisoner that the judiciary will probably let the criminal off, one way or another. Nobody wants to be killed or have their families killed. Therefore, the military has fallen back on the old "Ley Fuga" doctrine. Prisoners are shot trying to escape. That pretty much solves the problem.

Now thanks to Obama and his justice department, sicarios can blockade roads, shoot up neighborhoods and kill whoever they feel the urge to.

Creel is a small lumber town in the Sierra Madre populated by Mormons and Mennonites.

Opps, wrong car.

One of these guys actually survived.

Ownership of fire arms is prohibited in Mexico. People can't own them, but the narcos have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this calls for a complete and thorough investigation by that super hero......Darell Issa. LOL No, seriously, that stuff is really important!!

Worse yet, the PRI is back in power, and they are as crooked as a dog's hind leg. It will be business as usual. Expect to see this kind of violence coming to your neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom