POLL: How much do you pay for a 50# bag of feed???

50# 22% Layer Pellets $9.50 ADM Alliance PenPals Brand
25# 18% Starter/Grower $6.50
50# 3-grain scratch $8.50
50# 5-grain scratch $9.50 This one is almost devoid of corn-excellent mix 13% protein!
I know you didn't ask, but $4.50 for bundle of pine shavings at the same place, local farmers co-op.

$9.45 for a 50# bag of medicated chick starter.

$7.50 for a 50# bag of scratch.

*edited because I forgot to include the size of the bag & I remembered the scratch price.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy chick starter at 10.35 for 50 lbs. As for my adult birds, since I have all different breeds I go to the local feed store and have it costum ground. I have 300 lbs of corn with 200 lbs of layer feed. This way the chickens get enough protein but it is not to high for the other birds, plus my sheep eats it too. 500 lbs cost me about 60 to 80 dollars depending on the price of corn. They grind and mix it and bag it for me. This lasts about a month. Jenn

we pay $22 for a 50# bag organic layer, and that is at a local wholesale feed store that sells to the public. the other feed stores in town sell the same bag of "payback" organic feed for $25

WOW!!! I sure am glad I live in KY and buy my feed here!!
I buy 16% layer ration/mash 50# for $5.25 , 16% layer pellets 50# for $7.50, 20% medicated starter 50# is like $7- $8.50, ans 50# of 5 grain scratch is $6.50....In addition I do not pay tax on any feed or additives, live stock, chemicals, or on the water usage by the chickens. KY has a great farm tax exemption deal.

Back
Top Bottom