Pomeranian Goose Breed Thread

Pics
I have some Poms in central Iowa that I would be willing to part with if someone in the Midwest is interested. There is one mated pair that is appx. 3 years old. There is also three young buffs, appx. 5 weeks old.

Edit: I should add that the three youngsters are not related to the adults, so they will make a nice breeding set for 2014 if someone wants to get started.

Last edited:
I have some Poms in central Iowa that I would be willing to part with if someone in the Midwest is interested. There is one mated pair that is appx. 3 years old. There is also three young buffs, appx. 5 weeks old.

Edit: I should add that the three youngsters are not related to the adults, so they will make a nice breeding set for 2014 if someone wants to get started.
Darn...I wish I was in the Midwest
hit.gif
! I would take them in a heartbeat.

January

LOL Well I am *A* Laurie but I am not littlespring farm. I do have Poms but didn't send any out this year. I wouldn't mind Pecans though. Yummy in brownies-- who uses walnuts when you can have pecans
Agreed! I do believe in fair bartering, *A* Laurie
highfive.gif
. Not really, Laurie...I was playing around with the *A*. PM me if you like. We do all of the cleaning, cracking and shelling ourselves. It wont be long before we will be picking the fruit off our other trees.

January

Do you use the geese to weed like they did with the cotton patch in history?
You bet!!!! They are the orchard bosses. They have a lot of clout around here. They are what makes us organic. I am planning to get some Cotton Patch geese as well from Aurora Springs next spring. I got two of the most precious American goslings from her today. They follow us everywhere. They are quite entertaining. Our ducks and geese even boss the dogs around. You should see it!
lau.gif

January

You bet!!!! They are the orchard bosses. They have a lot of clout around here. They are what makes us organic. I am planning to get some Cotton Patch geese as well from Aurora Springs next spring. I got two of the most precious American goslings from her today. They follow us everywhere. They are quite entertaining. Our ducks and geese even boss the dogs around. You should see it!
lau.gif

January
Never a dull moment here.

Gosh 75 posts since I last stopped by the thread. Sorry to have been a stranger: It has been a REALLY busy spring! I had a ton of goslings ordered this year-32 to be exact, on top of the hatching egg waiting list I had coming into the season.

Most of my flock were first year layers, so fertility was iffy for a while. Also, they started laying late and quit early this year: Most likely due to the very odd weather we've had....just couldn't decide if it was winter, spring, or summer.

Anyway, to date, I have hatched 28 Buff Pom goslings and 8 Toulouse Pom crosses. I have about 15 eggs remaining in the incubator and two in the hatcher right now. So, I should be able to fill my orders and still manage to keep a few. I grew out the first 6 I hatched and only kept one of them: It has nearly perfect markings, but not the best bill and leg color.

Anyway, I just thought I would check in and say hello to all the new folks on here! I will see about getting some photos of all the little ones (20 goslings and juveniles) that are leaving for their new home next week.

Back
Top Bottom