Poop boards....

Pics
Poop boards are the best idea ever, the only regret i have with them is not putting them in soon enough!!!

I found the best type was actually to have some steel ones made as they can be pressure washed, but they did tend to get quite hot in the summer, so maybe plastic would be better:thumbsup
Absolute game changer in my opinion....I'm glad I took the advise on here to do it.

Ooohh I love hearing that!! I'm getting ready to try poop boards with PDZ... hoping to build them this week or next. 🤞

There is smooth concrete flooring on the side of the coop where my roosting bars are... @TelfTheElf or anyone have thoughts on just building a box with the concrete as the base, or should I go with plywood base?? 🤔 I'm also trying hemp bedding outside of the poop boards.

Ooohh I love hearing that!! I'm getting ready to try poop boards with PDZ... hoping to build them this week or next. 🤞

There is smooth concrete flooring on the side of the coop where my roosting bars are... @TelfTheElf or anyone have thoughts on just building a box with the concrete as the base, or should I go with plywood base?? 🤔 I'm also trying hemp bedding outside of the poop boards.
I recommend building the poop board under the roost about 18" below the roost extended out about 4". Maybe I'm misunderstanding your idea of "concrete flooring", thinking it will be on the ground, they will end up scratching in it. I would go plywood but what I did was (Hubby had left over sheet of plastic/vinyl used for his boat panel) cut a piece to "line" the plywood, removing when I wanted to clean.

I recently tried hemp bedding in the brooder ... I prefer it but having to order from Amazon as none can be purchased here.

I used plywood with a linoleum liner...24 inches wide with the roost dead center 8 inches from the bottom. That was recommended because the full grown chickens can't duck under the roost pole. I also cut my 4x4 holders with a bevel so the stuff would hopefully roll off and into the PDZ.

Back
Top Bottom