Poor TSC chicks...

augustmomx2

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Central Indiana
I went to TSC today to pick up some grit and just to "look" at the chicks
tongue.png

I felt so terrible for them, esp what looked like some chicks that were around 2wks old. They were all shoved in this metal troft thing, w/the heating lamp blazing on them & no water! They were all panting, they appeared to have missing feathers as well...poor things
sad.png
There was an employee who was standing there chit-chatting it up with a family, who obviously didn't want chicks but she kept on trying to sell them
hu.gif

Anyways, I finally said to her "those chicks look like they need some water." She snippily informed me that someone was getting water. There is no way I was going to try to bring those chicks into my flock. They all looked like they were not taken care of, I wonder what happens to the ones that no one takes?

I know exactly what you are saying...i have rescued chicks from them, and had the employees give them to me, since i am in there so often- i am still working with a pullet who is on antibiotics and warm bathes to heal an infected shoulder.... luckily our TSC has one employee who has her own chickens so tries to keep things under control....

I hear ya...saw the same thing over near me too. It was like one of the hottest days and the poor chicks had heat lamps on them- it was so super hot in there with the metal trough reflecting heat...sad. They should put a temp gage in there..it was well over 100 in there.

WOW...our local feedstore gets them in on say a Monday...and then observes them for 24 hours (because typically one or two die, they like to weed those out first) and then on Tuesday AM it's a crazy NORDSTROM'S ONE DAY ONLY SALE madness! Within, an hour all the chicks are gone and there are people bummed they didn't get any.

Same thing at our Rural King. They had segregated a small area with some cardboard where they had placed two dead chicks. Why didn't they at least dispose of them. Disgusting!!!

Ive been checking on them almost everyday at our local TSC lol.. thier doing good there actually! I saw the Ducklings didnt have water once, but they took care of that without me even having to say anything.. other than that, they look okay

Our local TSC is the same way they do not take care of the chicks there what so ever and do anything and everything possible to get rid of them. I have had a really bad experience when I found about 10 dead chicks in each of the 7 bins they had! It was horrifying! It is just awful and heartbreaking how they treat their chicks. I have raised a complaint with the manager and he was the worst out of all the employees! So I am going to file a complaint with the headquarters about this!

I also took out 2 empty waters and took them to the manager. He ran to go fill them up. We need to stop by our Tractor Supply Stores every time we go to town and keep holding up the waters!! I have made it a habit of going in and checking on them.

I also noticed that the tiny batam chicks were not eating the big chick food and I took in a small baggie of my ground up chick starter and poured it iin their bin. You cant care what people think when you are helping out thirsty and hungry animals.

Back
Top Bottom