Porcelain Project

The chicks are coming along nicely and I was able to get some good picture's of the different degrees of dilution. Half the chicks have very dark undiluted buff which is to be expected in F2 chicks but the other half look promising and I'm happy with them. More than enough chicks to grow out and choose next season's breeding pens from.

The above chicks were hatched first week of April so they are about eight weeks old or so. It's been easy to see who the males are from this hatch. I will have a good choice of these guys.

The chicks are coming along nicely and I was able to get some good picture's of the different degrees of dilution. Half the chicks have very dark undiluted buff which is to be expected in F2 chicks but the other half look promising and I'm happy with them. More than enough chicks to grow out and choose next season's breeding pens from.

The above chicks were hatched first week of April so they are about eight weeks old or so. It's been easy to see who the males are from this hatch. I will have a good choice of these guys.

They are turning out really nice!! I have 5 I hatched two weeks ago out of my porcelain roosters x lavender and porcelain hen. 3 I can't tell if they are going to be porcelain or lavender. 2 are obvious porcelains with the same coloring as the pullet I posted a picture of a little while back. Time will tell.

They are turning out really nice!! I have 5 I hatched two weeks ago out of my porcelain roosters x lavender and porcelain hen. 3 I can't tell if they are going to be porcelain or lavender. 2 are obvious porcelains with the same coloring as the pullet I posted a picture of a little while back. Time will tell.

It's hard for me to tell what chicks will grow into as well. Waiting is fun.

Here are three out of nine at two months old now that have caught my eye. They could darken but I'm hoping they stay they way they are. Time is the key like you say.

It's hard for me to tell what chicks will grow into as well. Waiting is fun.

Here are three out of nine at two months old now that have caught my eye. They could darken but I'm hoping they stay they way they are. Time is the key like you say.

So far none of the lavender x porcelain have been solid lavender, only porcelain and lavender splash. The porcelains out of the lavender are really pretty though, so she is helping with my porcelain project.
smile.png

Im sorry about posting here but I cant find any where else. This is obviously not a silkie, but I am confused about its variety. I thought it was porcelain ,however, i now believe that a vitamin deficiency that he had caused the orange color and he should actually be blue? what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Here's a couple of shots of a 4 month old pullet I have coming along. This is a pen of 8 girls I have going to a show in a couple of weeks.They will be 5 months old by the time we go and having to compete with pullets up to a year old. Not sure, but I think they will hold their own. This is straight out of the barn and I haven't started grooming them. I haven't decided on the boys yet.

Here's a couple of shots of a 4 month old pullet I have coming along. This is a pen of 8 girls I have going to a show in a couple of weeks.They will be 5 months old by the time we go and having to compete with pullets up to a year old. Not sure, but I think they will hold their own. This is straight out of the barn and I haven't started grooming them. I haven't decided on the boys yet.

Beautiful! They look like my 3 pullets out of my Catdance pair that are around the same age.

Beautiful! They look like my 3 pullets out of my Catdance pair that are around the same age. 

Thank you! All of my chickens have Catdance lines! Ha! Ha! They are just the best. My originals came from eggs Karen shipped to me - several years ago now. Do you show Chickee? Do you have any pictures you can post of them? Shoot maybe you have already. I need to back up on this thread and look. :lol:

Last edited:
Here we go. She is just gorgeous!!!
All your birds are so pretty, but I especially love your porcelain and that black chick in your pictures!! I really want some black and buff! Maybe next year.

I was pretty sure we had already commented on each other's Catdance Silkies
big_smile.png
It sure is easy to spot her birds. Mine also came from eggs purchased from Karen 2 years ago.

I don't show my birds. I don't have the time to travel to shows. I sure would like to though. Sounds fun!

These chicks are from the hatch I mentioned was due that Thursday I believe. I kept the 3 porcelain chicks (the rest were partridge) and 1 lavender splash (lavender x porcelain) and was lucky they all turned out to be pullets.

Left rear is my lavender hen with 3 of the pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom