Possibly getting Pigeons? LOTS of questions

MonkeyZero

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
Modesto Ca
Hi There
I am considering buying some fantail pigeons maybe next month or in the spring.
Well I have some questions
I want about 3-4
1. how much is a decent price for the grouping?

2. What should the male to female ratio be?

3. Is it easy to sex them?

4. Are they noisy?

5. How big of an enclousure do you recoment for this many? I dont plan on taking them out a lot because of my lil dogs and silkies. They'll come out only when Im watching them like a HAWK

6. Can I mix them with other breeds of pigeon or doves?

7. Are they flighty? Will clipping their wings help?

8. Can they stay outside all year long? Do they perch? Cause I have 2-3 heated perches that I can use for them because I dont THINK they can come inside in the winter.

9. Can they be trained like a cockatiel?

Also If you have an pictures of enclosures or links to them, thatd be great!
smile.png

Sorry for all the questions
smile.png

Thanks! And have an amazing day/night
smile.png

Last edited:
Pigeons Should Be Kept In Pairs Unlike Chickens Doves And Pigeon Both Parents Share Incubation And Raiseing The Babies A Nice Pair Around Twenty To Twenty Five Dollars A Pair Sexing Pigeons Usually Requires The Birds To Be Around Six Months Old When The Sexs Start Acting There Sex Only 100% Way Is Hen Lays Eggs Males Little Easier They Make No More Noise Than A Chicken Pair If Not Less A 4x4x4 Pen Would Be Big Enough For Two Pairs If You Put More Birds Need More Space But Most Pigeons Get A Long Doves Are Smaller And Would Recomend Seperate Pens I Have Had Doves With My Pigeons And They Did Not Raise But Seperate Did Any Breed Can Be Wild Or Tame Just Working With Them And Time Will Make Them Tame I Would Not Clip The Wings If You Want Them To Be Outside There Home Let Them Out After They Have Laid Eggs They Lay Two Eggs Both Parents Set On The Eggs Male Dureing The Day And Hen At Night If I Wanted To Let Fantails Out I Would Get Indian Fantails They Do Not Rear Back Like American Fantails And Can See Better If You Raise A Young Pigeon By Hand Feeding Them They Are Like Any Cockatiel Or Parrott Very Tame And Not Afraid The Website For The National Pigeon Assn. Is Npausa.com Many Pigeon Breeders In Calif.

Back
Top Bottom