Post office killed my chicks. I am in shock. pics - graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
roll.png
I work for the P.O and do not think it was okay. MOST would not.

(Matter of fact, most of us are the ones rolling our eyes and being irritated when we call to have someone come pick up birds and they say "Aw, just bring them when you bring my mail." b/c we KNOW how fragile these little things are.
duc.gif
)

And to the person that said they'll never order chicks b/c of the nightmares that you have read here, for every bad one, there are hundreds of good ones. I've gotten plenty of chick and adult bird shipments, as well as had them sent out by myself and never had an issue.

I too, work for the P.O. and I can tell you that myself and my other fellow employees would never do something so irresponsible. When the chicks come in from Mt. Healthy for TSC, we love it! It signifies that spring is here and summer is coming. The chicks are put into a metal cage somewhere warm and TSC is notified asap!

Not all carriers are bad, it's unfortunate that the few pinheads ruin it for the rest of us. Believe it or not, there are many of us postal workers who love our job and the long standing tradition behind it. I'm so sorry for your loss and really hope the postmaster makes some kind of restitution!

Quote:
roll.png
I work for the P.O and do not think it was okay. MOST would not.

(Matter of fact, most of us are the ones rolling our eyes and being irritated when we call to have someone come pick up birds and they say "Aw, just bring them when you bring my mail." b/c we KNOW how fragile these little things are.
duc.gif
)

And to the person that said they'll never order chicks b/c of the nightmares that you have read here, for every bad one, there are hundreds of good ones. I've gotten plenty of chick and adult bird shipments, as well as had them sent out by myself and never had an issue.

I too, work for the P.O. and I can tell you that myself and my other fellow employees would never do something so irresponsible. When the chicks come in from Mt. Healthy for TSC, we love it! It signifies that spring is here and summer is coming. The chicks are put into a metal cage somewhere warm and TSC is notified asap!

Not all carriers are bad, it's unfortunate that the few pinheads ruin it for the rest of us. Believe it or not, there are many of us postal workers who love our job and the long standing tradition behind it. I'm so sorry for your loss and really hope the postmaster makes some kind of restitution!

I'm one of the lucky ones, I have a great postal carrier. She's pleasant, friendly, and truly cares about the packages she's delivering to you. SHE called first thing when my chicks came in this March. Two years ago, when I ordered started pullets, I went directly to the PO to let them know - "call me when they arrive" the guy there said "sure" Did they call? no....but SHE (mail carrier) made the extra trip out of her route to come earlier to deliver them to me so they wouldn't roast in the back of the truck.

To the OP: I'm so sorry that happened to you & your family, I hope the PO does the right thing for you. Poor babies...
sad.png

I'm not sure if anyone suggested this but......

This may be a great way to get the PO office to adjust there policies...

Our P.O. has a policy that all live mail get a call first thing in the am. (they always call around 5:30am when I'm expecting chicks).

Point being.... If it's a policy that's in there manual....then it would become standard procedure....

Best to you and your chick..

I am so sorry you have such an irresponsible postal worker, but this is not the norm for postal employees. I hate seeing all postal workers lumped together when one doesnt do his/her job in such a horrible manner. Most all postal workers are friendly, compassionate and responsible and would never do something like this.

I hope you get some kind of closure for this.

I am so sorry this happened to you and those poor innocent chicks. I have typed and re-typed and re-typed again but there is no excuse.

Can't believe there was even an arguement about this! Don't beat yourself up. Sure, you could have called but ultimately there is NO excuse for that moron to leave a box of live animals unattended AND WITH THREE DOGS!!!

I can't imagine that your PO doesn't already have strict policies on live animals but if for some odd reason they don't, I hope you make this enough of an issue for them that they change their policies.

I'm so glad little Anani is doing well!

She is darling and fits in with the other chicks that hatched last week. I need to see a pick of a Cherry Egger chick so I can see if she is one.

Well, she doesn't look anything like the Ameraucana or the Cherry Egger pic. But she does look somewhat like other Ameraucanas I have had... just redder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom