Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

My Babies….
love.gif

Great photo Johnn ! I've never seen ewes with clipped necks, and such a high tag clip before. I take it they are due to lamb after Christmas, and are raised for meat, not fleece? For those who don't know about sheep..... Lambs are not too bright, and will starve to death sometimes just sucking on a tag of wool on their mothers' udder.Ewes also have a lanolin plug in their teats that needs to be emptied before the milk will flow for the lambs.
They are Leister (not sure how to spell it) tups. They will be tupping all the Swaledales soon so that they will have a mule lamb next year. The boys will go to slaughter and the girls will go on to farmers lower down. They aren't mine though!

All lovely "daughters" she hatched and raised, Johnn....they looked to be in nice condition too.
Do the speckled sussex and welsummer have names? How's the young light sussex doing?
Thanks! The Welsummer is called Lily and I'm thinking of calling the speckled sussex Dorothy and Dotty for short haha, but I'm not sure! The little LS is doing ok but is terrified of everything! Will post pics of him/her soon!

Johnn that is a really nice picture with the sheep in the back ground and etc. really nice!!!,

Scott

Thanks! :)

Here is my first buff orpington named Daisy.
love.gif
She loves to hatch out her baby chicks!

My first show and my buff orp Scrappy got Champion English pullet!

This is my lemon cuckoo orp named Lemon Drop. What do you guys think of him? If I bred him to a buff what color would I get?

Does anybody have an extra English type splash orpington cockeral they can ship? I hatched eggs this season and didn't get any splash. Also, the blue's I hatched are smaller than my American standard orps and have red leakage so I can't use them. *sigh* Please PM me if you have something. :)

Here is my first buff orpington named Daisy.
love.gif
She loves to hatch out her baby chicks!

My first show and my buff orp Scrappy got Champion English pullet!

This is my lemon cuckoo orp named Lemon Drop. What do you guys think of him? If I bred him to a buff what color would I get?
Nice cuckoo orp male (check to make sure he has all his toe nails one strain had a defect) hope you have a nice hen to put him to. If he is single gene cuckoo you will get 50% chicks buff and 50% cuckoo if bred to a buff hen. If he is double gene cuckoo you will get all cuckoo hens and cuckoo males(only the males will be single gened) if bred to a buff hen. Some chicks will be lemon and some buff possibly but the buffs may not be something you would want to pass onto a buff breeder.

Back
Top Bottom