Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

My roo is finally doing his "thing"...scared my daughter when she saw him "jumping" on one of the girls. Lol...still waiting for our 1st eggs...

My roo is finally doing his "thing"...scared my daughter when she saw him "jumping" on one of the girls. Lol...still waiting for our 1st eggs...
LOL I used to talk to a 6 year old over the fence when i lived in the city and she had chickens too. We called it "playing piggie back"

John,
Every time I look at this picture,frequently, I just get a wonderful feeling of peace................. Thanks
I am going to try to get a pic of the pullet that was raised alone ( without others from her hatch).
She is doing great. Still at the bottom of the pecking order but has found her own ways to get along.
She jumps up on a bench when we feed and waits to have her portion alone. She started to lay 2 weeks ago.

If she's starting to lay, and you have a rooster, she'll likely be accepted soon. I have one now that was raised 'on the fringe' - mostly alone and not accepted in the flock but she did hang around the edges often. Once she started to lay and that boy became.. really interested, she got to be part if the flock. I always feel so bad for the ones that don't have other chicks to grow up with.

I haven't seen snow since around 1999. But snow it did. Just for fun, the flock in the snow. It'd already half melted by this time. They didn't seem to mind it one bit. One on the right and the one in the middle with it's head up are 4 months.

Hatchery Orps have been crossed with Leghorns, and other breeds. They are much smaller, and sometimes not as friendly as birds bred to the SOP.

Thank you for pointing that out to me. I was looking on here at the beautiful pictures of them and would like to have some in my yard. I was looking to order some but not so sure about that now thank you.

If she's starting to lay, and you have a rooster, she'll likely be accepted soon. I have one now that was raised 'on the fringe' - mostly alone and not accepted in the flock but she did hang around the edges often. Once she started to lay and that boy became.. really interested, she got to be part if the flock. I always feel so bad for the ones that don't have other chicks to grow up with.
Oh Thanks..sure hope this is the case. I feel so bad for her. She roosts on the top of an 8' 2x4.all alone.
She does have my husband trained ...
lol.png
.she runs to a ladder and waits there for extra treats when he feeds.......

I haven't seen snow since around 1999. But snow it did. Just for fun, the flock in the snow. It'd already half melted by this time. They didn't seem to mind it one bit. One on the right and the one in the middle with it's head up are 4 months.

The cockerel looks so big!

Back
Top Bottom