Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Bill, You mentioned Paul Homer. Any relation to Wellington Homer who was from Fergus, Ontario? His nickname was "Buff" and sometimes his ads declared that"When better buffs are bred Buff will breed them" or something like that. I don't know if he had Orps though. Buff Orps have always had their dedicated Canadian breeders. A lot of them in past years. Some whites existed here and there but Bill, you are right about the blacks. Never seemed to be many though I knew one of the old timers who had some. WONDERFUL quality to their feather. Thick and heavy like photo paper. Dave

Thanks Syble. I need to get on there and upload these pics.

Dave I do not know. Paul is an older fella. He may very well be related. HOMER is prolly a fairly rare last name. Paul is VERY knowledgeable about Orps. He was not thrilled about the choices of who won. But, I respect the judge's opinion. And sorta know where Paul is coming from. Fred how ever was polite and acknowledged how nice this Buff is. And said if he was a judge he would have given BV to that Buff. After seeing how Paul homer looked over my Black cockerel I was feeling better about what I have. And then had another fella a Ron Hobb want to buy my next best Black cockerel. But, at that point I thought I better wait till Dec and make sure I did have one or two which were better before I start selling off my next best boy. Told Ron to get with me at the Connorsville Indiana Show. By then I hopefully will have figured out who is the best of those I still am raising up.

Some colors just go well together
smile.png

46167_october_29_2011_195.jpg

46167_october_29_2011_202.jpg

46167_october_29_2011_197.jpg

Forgot to say.... In case anyone is interested.... Ha.
My daughter won 4th place out of 50 kids in her age group in showmanship at crossroads. Woohoo. So proud!! Now back to orp talk!! Oh! Enjoyed meeting everyone. Super nice crew we have!!

Sorry for all the pics---I finally got the camera out today. And at 6 mos, am slooowly starting to see potential in the 1/2 English pen.

A whole lot of feathers (and roosters) to feed:
46167_october_29_2011_215.jpg

Must have been an odd angle for his body, but I really like the swirl pattern on this splash:
46167_october_29_2011_221.jpg

This guy just keeps getting taller. IF he ever fills out, he should be huge:
46167_october_29_2011_214.jpg

He wouldn't hold still, but this is my favorite black:
46167_october_29_2011_255.jpg

After having two sons and hatching 85% roosters, it has to be in the water.
46167_october_29_2011_274.jpg

46167_october_29_2011_230.jpg

Back
Top Bottom