Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

The tail looks off and might just be part of her heritage and breeding. As long as you love her and she is healthy, off colored feather means nothing unless you are breeding.

Thanks, I was just reading up on that color leaking on the tails like that...no, I'm not breeding, just wanted to try some...their big beautiful birds in body and featherage...just wish there barring and those dark feathers weren't there! Thank you...I actually was thinking this one is a boy but I would do a happy dance if he ends up laying an egg! ;)

Bella getting some new feathers though (they are darker in person):

Bella with her sisters. Notice how nice she is with the Welsummer? She doesn't really like the SS, she just puts up with her. Usually if a hen put its head that close to Bella regardless of whether it was above her or not, it wold get nothing but a ripped comb!

Daisy and her baby

Bella's mother

Bella getting some new feathers though (they are darker in person):

Bella with her sisters. Notice how nice she is with the Welsummer? She doesn't really like the SS, she just puts up with her. Usually if a hen put its head that close to Bella regardless of whether it was above her or not, it wold get nothing but a ripped comb!

Daisy and her baby

Bella's mother

Bella's auntie looks great with her new feathers, and so will Bella with her new gold feathers all in . Bella's mom is smashing. What a nice hen, and no hanging fluff in sight.

Last edited:
Bella's auntie looks great with her new feathers, and so will Bella with her new gold feathers all in . Bella's mom is smashing. What a nice hen, and no hanging fluff in sight.

Thanks! :). I think Bella's mother is the best looking one out of all my girls.

Question: I have 2 hens about 6 months old, we just switched them to layer crumbles, when will they start laying? And is it ok to eat the eggs after just being switched from medicated chick starter feed?

Not much of a tail on any of the chicks..very slow to feather with this heat we had...not bare, but just started to cover. My male splash is naked on his bum yet.
That looks like how my black cockerels feathered out. I thought one of them was going to keep his fluffy bum.

Back
Top Bottom