Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Daisy has started squatting again and is getting really loud again. I forgot what the old Daisy was like, I'm glad she is back! Wonder if she will pop me an egg or two out before everyone stops
1384221_4802120230557_1094065959_n.jpg
tongue.png
Love 'em!!!

Here are 2 girls sired by 2 different English Orp cock birds. The pullet on the left is 8 months old, sired by Monty. The pullet on the right is 5 months old, and sired by Max, Monty's brother, who is more extreme in type. They are both out of SOP hens, and both showing a bit of "rooster wear".

Here are 2 girls sired by 2 different English Orp cock birds. The pullet on the left is 8 months old, sired by Monty. The pullet on the right is 5 months old, and sired by Max, Monty's brother, who is more extreme in type. They are both out of SOP hens, and both showing a bit of "rooster wear".

Love them

[COLOR=333333]Here are 2 girls sired by 2 different English Orp cock birds. The pullet on the left is 8 months old, sired by Monty. The pullet on the right is 5 months old, and sired by Max, Monty's brother, who is more extreme in type. They are both out of SOP hens, and both showing a bit of "rooster wear".[/COLOR]

They are both beautiful; but, I like the one on the left a bit more. Lual

Hello all! I am a bit new, and would like to get a Buff Orpington, but was curious to all of your thoughts regarding rumors I have heard of an "Americauna" version that is slightly smaller... thoughts? To be honest, I am leaning toward the standard Buff Orp-but I have two young children (3 and a half, and 2) and want to be sure that they will be comfortable interacting with the hens. The children are both very gentle, and used to dogs, but not chickens.

Thank you all so very much. What a great community BYC is!

Hello all! I am a bit new, and would like to get a Buff Orpington, but was curious to all of your thoughts regarding rumors I have heard of an "Americauna" version that is slightly smaller... thoughts? To be honest, I am leaning toward the standard Buff Orp-but I have two young children (3 and a half, and 2) and want to be sure that they will be comfortable interacting with the hens. The children are both very gentle, and used to dogs, but not chickens.

Hello Brennychicks,

Welcome! I think you will like this thread where some of the very best, helpful, and experienced Orpington breeders are. How nice that your young children will have experience with these gentle, sweet, fluffy and big birds; Orpingtons!

"the dragon lady" who is also a member of this thread has very high quality, healthy and beautiful Buff Orpingtons. You can see the photo of two of her Buff Orps. in the photo which is posted two posts before yours. I am not quite sure but, perhaps she might have some available to place in new homes.

Lual

This is NOT my picture, but belongs to thedragonlady, Vickie Dawson. Get a few good ones, and ...

Back
Top Bottom