Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

This is NOT my picture, but belongs to thedragonlady, Vickie Dawson. Get a few good ones, and ...

Love it!

I don't think this photo belongs to Vickie either. This is Tkay's picture and her daughter. I think the hen pictured may be from Vickie's stock though
That is tonea'sphoto which she gave me permission to use. The pullet is a Monty daughter, named Dorothy. She is the little girl's best buddy. She was 8 months old in this photo..

Last edited:
That is tonea'sphoto which she gave me permission to use. The pullet is a Monty daughter, named Dorothy. She is the little girl's best buddy. She was 8 months old in this photo..
Okay. Vickie, I knew that you knew it was Tonea's. Just wanted to clarify that when it was posted because I know how much Tonea likes this photo. It is super cute!

Here are my BBS and Lavender Orpingtons! The chickens in the first 4 pics will be 6 months in 4 days. All the others will be 8 months in 4 days.

I plan to breed the first 3 pullets with Henry, the 100% English Black Cockerel that you will see in the last two pics.
In a separate breeding pen I also plan to use Henry with my lavender pullets, my plan is for Henry to live with the lavenders but for a day
1-2 times per week put him in with the 3 BBS pullets. Do you all think they will be a good mix? Is that an ok plan to move him in with the BBS pullets for a day or so 1-2 times per week and the rest of the time live with the lavender pullets?

I am also thinking of breeding my Blue Cockerel which is from the same bloodline as the Blue, Black and Splash pullets in the first 3 pics, to the Black Pullets in the last section of pics which are Henry's full sisters.

That would be 2 different breeding pens with them same bloodline in each but in one pen the English blood would come from father (Henry) and the other pen the English blood would come from the mothers (Henry's sisters).

I would like to know what you all think of those crosses!

Okay. Vickie, I knew that you knew it was Tonea's.  Just wanted to clarify that when it was posted because I know how much Tonea likes this photo.  It is super cute!  
As I said, it was NOT MY PICTURE. But genuine all the same and if someone contested me posting it I'd have taken it down. Still, you can't argue the point: That well bred birds are friendly. My rooster from a breeder (same breeder as the hen in that photo, thedragonlady), I'd trust with any child. A child about that same age came to see him one day and all he did was beg for the apple she was eating to feed to his hens.

As I said, it was NOT MY PICTURE. But genuine all the same and if someone contested me posting it I'd have taken it down. Still, you can't argue the point: That well bred birds are friendly. My rooster from a breeder (same breeder as the hen in that photo, thedragonlady), I'd trust with any child. A child about that same age came to see him one day and all he did was beg for the apple she was eating to feed to his hens.
I don't have a problem with you posting it all. It is a great picture and exemplifies great breeding and the friendliness of Orpingtons. I figured that you had just gotten mixed up when you said the picture belonged to Vickie, which it doesn't. I just stepped in to give Tonea credit for the photo. I knew Vickie didn't think that was her photo either so I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom