Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Some have seen this shot but I just think it's too cute and wanted to post it here.

squeezable cute!!

Monty and his girls out after the frost here.

We're expecting 22 degrees here tomorrow morning after 28 degrees,and SNOW last night.. Weird weather for South Carolina, but the Orps love it.
Simply joyful looking birds..stunning.

1467300_4974007727637_581218429_n.jpg

Beautiful picture!
Anyone tell me Roo or hen
Hard to say from this picture. I am guessing this is a young cockerel. To young for saddle feathers but old enough for red combs and wattles.
Red combs develop in males pretty early..probably 7-10 weeks. Females get red right before they lay an egg and that is 6 months or more. ..so if this bird is 6 months old..it could be a pullet.
If this bird lays an egg in 3-4 weeks..you will know for sure.

Here is a couple of my Orp, she is starting to fill out!
growing fast!! cutie!

Monty's son, Moose, at 11 months just coming out of a molt. He is 1/2 English , and huge. I can't wait to see him with all his feathers in. He will be siring chicks this winter, as I am very pleased with the 1 pullet I have by him from a test breeding.

Moose is statuesque...
and with your track record in pairing, I bet he'll make really some nice SOP type offspring this coming year.
wink.png

Just wanted to post a picture of the Gold laced boy. He is really filling out well and to me is beautiful.

The baby's are growing and developing well. This group of chicks is sweet as pie.

Monty's son, Moose, at 11 months just coming out of a molt. He is 1/2 English , and huge. I can't wait to see him with all his feathers in. He will be siring chicks this winter, as I am very pleased with the 1 pullet I have by him from a test breeding.

He should come and live with me

[COLOR=37404E]Monty's son, Moose, at 11 months just coming out of a molt. He is 1/2 English , and huge. I can't wait to see him with all his feathers in. He will be siring chicks this winter, as I am very pleased with the 1 pullet I have by him from a test breeding.[/COLOR]
He's a beauty!

Back
Top Bottom