Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

She's looking prettier all the time.
love.gif

Daisy's baby
1482797_10200149985592026_1711197312_n.jpg
She really beautiful Jonn, Still trying to think of some way to make it easier on my lone pullet...............She sleeps alone, grabs a bite to eat then runs back to hide.
She does have my DH trained though............He gave her cracked corn a few time on top of a ladder.....now she hops up there and waits for her treat.....=)

She really beautiful Jonn, Still trying to think of some way to make it easier on my lone pullet...............She sleeps alone, grabs a bite to eat then runs back to hide.
She does have my DH trained though............He gave her cracked corn a few time on top of a ladder.....now she hops up there and waits for her treat.....=)
Thanks! I know, its so sad. I still feel sorry for Daisy's baby. It sometimes goes and stands next to her but she doesn't protect it :(

Again, it's made the quality worse. I will try uploading them through BYC now and see if it makes a difference

Would like to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving, hope everyone stays safe in their travels this coming holiday season. Hope everyone has a wonderful day with their family, feathered or otherwise.

Last edited:
Tell me about Orps!

I had ordered 5 mixed "rare breeds" from Meyer this summer, but a coon got in our garage and killed them all. DH is feeling guilty about it so told me I could order 5 "pet" chickens for this spring. I already have an EE, 3 RIR, 2 barred rocks, and 2 white rocks, the poorest layers will probably become dinner at the end of summer to make room for the new babies. (I say some, but we all know how chicken math works.)

So... since these are to be babies pets and not really production birds necessarily I picked 5 pretty ones (plus a "meal maker", LOL). One of the ones I am getting is a Lavender orpington, so want to know all about them prior to (and it's like 6 long months before they arrive, so...)

Back
Top Bottom