Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

The first pic is all my black orp chicks the buffs are mixed in with the reds so didnt put them in the pic. the second pic has three regular buffs and one black with the rest being rir sorry it's hard to get the buggers to seperate

Last edited:
Well I hope his temperament improves!

Oh, jeez. Me too. Love this little guy. And he's so calm and good with people and his "flock". Today, I had them out in the run - the big girls and this guy. Let the littles out in the coop to run around. He was trying to get back into the coop to get them when he realized they were out. I brought each of the girls in one at a time and they would check them out and peck gently, pick up a leg a couple of times in their beaks but not in a hurtful way. The littles were dust and sun bathing. They walked off after checking them out. Totally unconcerned.

The biggest problem I am having right now is they all like to sit on top of the littles cage and well, they poop on them sometimes. Sigh. Somethings gotta give. I can't bathe chickens every day!

I'll join in, and share some photos of my Buff Orpingtons! I was drawn to the breed because of it's sweet nature, golden colored feathers, and because I just HAD to have another breed in my flock. At that time I already had a few australorps, amber stars, and brahmas. So I picked up a trio from a breeder near us. Then 4 more laying hens. They are so sweet, I love them already!

~Hannah

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom