Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Hello other Orpington Owners. I feel like this can be my little corner of BYC. My Orpington mix just hatched 6 orpington babies. I bought the eggs and put them under her. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what colors they are going to be. I have never seen Orpington chicks, so I really have no idea. Is the really dark ones black, or will they lighten into blue. The lighter colored ones I am guessing are splash. Do I have any blues. That was the color I really wanted!!!

58468_dsc_0068.jpg

58468_dsc_0075.jpg

58468_dsc_0085.jpg

58468_dsc_0103.jpg

58468_dsc_0211.jpg

58468_dsc_0255.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
beautiful hens.

i hatched bbs orpingtons this spring and i didn't see any chicks with the coppery-golden color you have in your pictures, could you have gotten buff orpington eggs as well as bbs?

Quote:
in the 5th pic the chick on the top looks like it may be blue can you post a single pic of them.the other one in that pic looks black the white one looks splash the gold on looks like a buff was mixed in.good luck they are so cute

Hey lildinkim! Lookie what we did this weekend!!!!!
21675_shelbyvillemay2011_005.jpg

BV on our first outing!
21675_187046_1162474515_4816068_n.jpg

The buff hen who beat him for BB. She was almost as big as he is! And she was also reserve ENglish
21675_shelbyvillemay2011_007.jpg

Quote:
The last pic, I have one that is that same color but it has feathers on it's legs, not feet. They are 1/2 or 1/4 english orphington. Theother 2 i'm sure will be black. Does english orphs have feathers on their legs. I have no idea thats why i'm asking.

Quote:
The last pic, I have one that is that same color but it has feathers on it's legs, not feet. They are 1/2 or 1/4 english orphington. Theother 2 i'm sure will be black. Does english orphs have feathers on their legs. I have no idea thats why i'm asking.

No orpington has feathers on it's legs. That is a serious fault. It may be a cochin not orps.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom