Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

To be honest I know some who swear by plucking or removing feathers from around the vent. But I do not. I have as fluffy a birds as many. I have a pair of Blues from Bamma's line who are huge. As big as my best Buff hens. And like my Buffs they have no problem being breed. more usually depends on how well the male knows where to do it then anything. my White cockerel for the first few days missed, but now he is hitttin the nail on the head. And I have 100% fertile eggs from his pen. my Harold, a Brown Red, never did let an egg sneak out unfertile. So I guess it is what ever you feel comfortable with. I do not remove feathers and have great hatches. Something more to worry about is your male just being lazy and picking favorites. I have that more as an issue. then you need to just remove the fertile hens and let him have no choice but to breed to the other hens

ahhh hee hee hee ..we have tears laughing so hard over harold never let an egg sneak out unfertile.. too funny..
To be honest I know some who swear by plucking or removing feathers from around the vent. But I do not. I have as fluffy a birds as many. I have a pair of Blues from Bamma's line who are huge. As big as my best Buff hens. And like my Buffs they have no problem being breed. more usually depends on how well the male knows where to do it then anything. my White cockerel for the first few days missed, but now he is hitttin the nail on the head. And I have 100% fertile eggs from his pen. my Harold, a Brown Red, never did let an egg sneak out unfertile. So I guess it is what ever you feel comfortable with. I do not remove feathers and have great hatches. Something more to worry about is your male just being lazy and picking favorites. I have that more as an issue. then you need to just remove the fertile hens and let him have no choice but to breed to the other hens

Just got the email with the tracking numbers from one of the best Midwest White Orp breeders saying my White Orp eggs are in route. So I hope to be adding the genetics to improve on what I already have to make more nice EXHIBITION WHITE ORPS!

1st White Orp egg hatched LATE LAST NITE. There will be more where this little came from.
This is the one next the brown chick.

Last edited:
What more can I say, but.....
thumbsup.gif

Just got the email with the tracking numbers from one of the best Midwest White Orp breeders saying my White Orp eggs are in route.  So I hope to be adding the genetics to improve on what I already have to make more nice EXHIBITION WHITE ORPS!

1st White Orp egg hatched LATE LAST NITE.  There will be more where this little came from.
This is the one next the brown chick.

lemme see some more pips!

lemme see some more pips!

hahaha Well I hope to have at least 2 more hatch out. This was the first White Orp egg I incubated. The numbers will be picking up next weekend. I set my eggs on the weekends usually.
The one exception will be these 2 dozen eggs I just recieved from Gayle. Gayle has sold some EXHIBITION White Orp eggs on EBAY in the past few weeks. So anyone who has a desire to raise one of the rarest varieties of Exhibition Orps in the country should keep an eye on her auctions.
She is such a sweet lady she is only wanting a trade of my Whites and Blacks in exchange.
This is how to package eggs for hatching. DOUBLE BOXED. PAPER SHAVINGS stuffed inbetween, and BUBBLE WRAPPED! NO EGGS WERE BROKEN! ILLINOIS is right next door to INDIANA so I expect to have some more White here in 3 weeks. GREAT HIGH QUALITY WHITES is what she and her husband are known for.
OH by the way she included Shamo eggs. Very exotic and rare breed who can get to near 3 feet tall with an attitude to match. lolol

Last edited:
They only Buff from last year's season I am keeping. Near 6 month ole Sasquatch.

A big clumsy Buff cockerel. you can tell he is a baby. He has no hint of any spurs.

A WIDE LOAD

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom