Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Wow, that sounds terrible, Lorilyn Farms. I think I read that Ideal doesn't drop ship, and they raise their own stock. Could be there's too much in-breeding at least for some breeds, and that it has resulted in some bad genetic defects. Looks like I'll just have to wait and see what happens with the chicks I ordered. All I can do is give them the best possible brooding environment and let Nature take its course.

I ordered some Silkies from Ideal. They are supposed to be here the end of this week! I am very excited. I've heard good things about Ideal and these are my first birds from them and my first birds arriving!

this is my flock from ideal..but the only issue i a having with this hatchery is a couple of my ducks i got are cross breds..i thought i was getting all pure but 3 of them that i have gotten from them are mixed ducks.. over all im happy but im disappointed that i got cross bred ducks that were suppose to be pure..

i knw there not chickens but hope its ok i posted this...anyway i work at the local feed store and have talked with ideal more then once...i have been told that this year they have been having so many bad hatches and issues with there birds..from chickens to geese .. and as well as them shipping the birds and coming in half dead or dead... i was told that more then 6 places across the usa that order from ideal have also been having issues with them shipping birds and coming in half dead cause they were to cold or of over crowding..

Uh oh. My chick order's hatch date is May 8. I hope Ideal gets their act together by then.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom