Post Pics of your Leghorns

One of my Exchequers. Pardon super chicken there in the background. She felt like photo bombing lol.

I've got 8 wlhs only 5 or 6 are laying.is there any way to determine who is laying an who is not with out catching them on the nest?

These are my two white leghorns. They are about 14 weeks. I have a hard time picturing them laying in 4 more weeks. Do you think they will be mature enough? Their combs and wattles are not very developed, and the birds themselves seem pretty small (though I do know they are all around smaller birds compared to other breeds). I am becoming impatient waiting for eggs, lol

These are my two white leghorns. They are about 14 weeks. I have a hard time picturing them laying in 4 more weeks. Do you think they will be mature enough? Their combs and wattles are not very developed, and the birds themselves seem pretty small (though I do know they are all around smaller birds compared to other breeds). I am becoming impatient waiting for eggs, lol

My white leghorn did look small at 14 weeks, she looked like yours do. She did not lady her first egg until she was between 20 & 21 weeks. Be patient it's worth every minute!
1f414.png

Back
Top Bottom